News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

From Garden State to... Fletch?

Started by Beef, April 28, 2005, 06:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

An interesting idea, though I am not sold on Smith being the right person to write or direct the project.

http://chud.com/news/2706

ignom

Sounds ghastly. Kevin Smith needs to quit making movies, and no one should play Fletch except Chevy Chase, and even he shouldn't do that again.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

VikingJuice

Quote from: ignom on April 28, 2005, 08:05:32 AM
Sounds ghastly. Kevin Smith needs to quit making movies, and no one should play Fletch except Chevy Chase, and even he shouldn't do that again.

The thing that made Fletch work as a movie wasn't that it was Chevy per se, it was that the script was written in a very snarky and slapstick verbal manner.  Chevy worked because that's been his style in films going back to the Griswold's and Caddy Shack.  I personally think Chevy should be considered for the role but I truly suspect he's lost whatever edge he had to be funny and has become a parody of himself-only less funny.  "Newbie" would be an interesting casting call but like you mentioned, Smith handling the film doesn't instill me with confidence.  Smith, while very snarky, is a darker, whiney, vindictive sort of story teller.  His stuff has a mean sadistic side that the original Fletch movie lacked.  I'm afraid he would taint it by making Fletch into something that he was not.

Dry then Catch

I thought it was "feltch".

now thats a role Portman should be in

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 28, 2005, 06:27:29 PM

I would pay good money for THAT film!!!!   +1.  Did you see her in Closer?  WOW!!!  Soooooo hot, want to touch the hiney!!!!

Dry then Catch

Quote from: vikingjuice on April 29, 2005, 12:14:28 PM

I would pay good money for THAT film!!!!   +1.  Did you see her in Closer?  WOW!!!  Soooooo hot, want to touch the hiney!!!!

she did it for me in Beautiful Girls.  Please don't call the cops

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 29, 2005, 12:29:09 PM

You perv.  You couldn't wait till she was at least 17?  Oh wait, do you live in a state like Louisiana or Arkansas?  I think 14 is legal if her dad is in the room or signs a note.   

Jessie

Quote from: vikingjuice on April 29, 2005, 12:50:02 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 29, 2005, 12:29:09 PM

You perv.  You couldn't wait till she was at least 17?  Oh wait, do you live in a state like Louisiana or Arkansas?  I think 14 is legal if her dad is in the room or signs a note.   

hAHA!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.