News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Oh god I love food.

Started by Youphoric, April 24, 2005, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youphoric

Tonite's feast it home made Gyoza (potstickers, dumplings), home made gingerale, and a quick and dirty Chocolate Raspberry pie.

:drool:

Gamplayerx

I love potstickers.  I was so sad when TGIFriday's changed their potsticker sauce.  Their original stuff was awesome.

ReBurn

How did that homemade gingerale turn out?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Youphoric

Quote from: ReBurninator on April 24, 2005, 07:30:29 PM
How did that homemade gingerale turn out?
My first batch was realy weak, I'll let you know when I make a good batch, but it seems like it can be really good.

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 24, 2005, 04:51:42 PM
I love potstickers.  I was so sad when TGIFriday's changed their potsticker sauce.  Their original stuff was awesome.

Didn't they just use soy sauce with ginger and a little sesame oil?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on April 24, 2005, 09:10:44 PM

No.  There was definitely some rice wine vinegar in there.  I have yet to be able to replicate it exactly.

Youphoric

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 24, 2005, 09:44:54 PM
Quote from: dazie on April 24, 2005, 09:10:44 PM

No.  There was definitely some rice wine vinegar in there.  I have yet to be able to replicate it exactly.
The recipe I used was
2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp hot pepper oil

It's quite tasty

Gamplayerx

Ooh.  I'll try that, Youph.  Wonder where I could get hot pepper oil.

Youphoric

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 25, 2005, 08:45:36 AM
I actually bought mine at the new Wegmans in Fairfax.

You might be able to find some at an asian market, Safeway might even have some, if they have an asian section.

nishi

i've noticed that even my kroger has started carrying it, but you can make your own by heating oil in a pan - i use my cast iron skillet - and adding hot pepper flakes or whole dried asian hot peppers. i usually strain the peppers back out of the oil, but you can leave them in. i use canola oil, but i'm assuming that asian style chili oil might be a combination of peanut oil and other stuff.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

Al, there is an international food market not too far from where you live...it is on Little River Turnpike.  Loads of Asian food.

Youphoric

Quote from: cnamon on April 25, 2005, 09:17:25 AM
Al, there is an international food market not too far from where you live...it is on Little River Turnpike.  Loads of Asian food.
Oooh, thanks, Cn!!

I wanted to go to the new Wegmans because I grew up with Wegmans as my grocery store and I missed it :)

Gamplayerx

Quote from: nishi on April 25, 2005, 08:49:59 AM

i've noticed that even my kroger has started carrying it, but you can make your own by heating oil in a pan - i use my cast iron skillet - and adding hot pepper flakes or whole dried asian hot peppers. i usually strain the peppers back out of the oil, but you can leave them in. i use canola oil, but i'm assuming that asian style chili oil might be a combination of peanut oil and other stuff.

Thanks for the info, Nishi, but that sounds like COOKING!