News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Latest movies i've watched.

Started by Bishamonten, April 23, 2005, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Merchant of Venice - watched this on the flight back from Japan.  Surpassed all expectations.  Merchant of Venice is, in my opinion, second only to King Lear in difficulty and this cast pulled it off particularly well.  I was afraid Pacino would be over the top, but he's in a completely different form for this movie.  He's actually acting, instead of playing Al Pacino.  I ended up letting out a really loud "HA!" at Gratiano's ratting out of Bassanio and woke up half the plane.  Mackenzie Crook as Lancelot Grobbo was wellc ast. 

Finding Neverland - Also watched this on the plane.  I couldn't sleep so I worked through a bunch of movies.  This wasn't bad either and in fact, also had Mackenzie Crook in a cameo role.  Johnny Depp is a hell of a good actor and does a good job being charming w/out having to rely on doey-eyed looks and stares like most "hearthrob actors". 

Alien v. Predator - We rented a bunch of movies to just sit and relax to and we got this with the intention of just mocking it.  This film needs to be shot into the sun along with Paul WS Anderson.  Not only did they have some REGODDAMNEDICULOUS story, but they went so far as to steal aspects from the Graphic Novel - which, had they just used it as their source material, would have made a much better movie.

50 First Dates - This is actually sorta cute.  I get the feeling though that the script was written and then it got "sandlered up" with some really pathetic segues etc.  But still a cute flick with some funny parts.  Rob Schnieder is pretty funny in it, especially in one of the deleted scenes.

Japanese Story - Small aussie movie with Tony Collete about an Aussie woman and a Japanese business man in the outback.  Not a terrible movie, but certainly not for everyone. 

Infobahn

I just got HITCH on DVD.

Reactions in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Bishamonten

eo000

Quote from: Infobahn on April 23, 2005, 08:00:42 PM
I just got HITCH on DVD.

Reactions in 5, 4, 3, 2...
already? wow.

i kinda liked it.

Infobahn

It's bootleg.  I am in Virginia, and one of my boss's family members brought it down from NYC.

eo000

Infobahn

It was not a great copy (surprise!), and I have only watched part of it.  Liked it so far.  I have copied the whole thing to my HD.

ignom

Bootlegs are one thing I miss about living in nyc, though dvd bootlegs don't always work.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Every bootleg I bought in NYC was of sucktacular quality.

Jessie

I watched From Dusk til Dawn Friday night and The Patriot last night.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Youphoric

Fighting Temptations.....

It really wasn't that sucky, but perhaps it was because I was focusing on the music :)

nallen

I watched Resident Evil Apoclypse last night.

mmmm hot babe shootin' zombies.  What's not to love about that?

May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nallen on April 24, 2005, 04:33:46 PM
I watched Resident Evil Apoclypse last night.

mmmm hot babe shootin' zombies.  What's not to love about that?

God I hate that movie.

Beefy

I watched DIG! again last night after I got home.

Youphoric

Add Superstar! and half of The Stupids

and now Santa Clause 2