News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

Help!

Started by cnamon, April 20, 2005, 02:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I am trying to convert an Excel chart to PowerPoint and not make it look stupid.

How do I do that?

I would send it out, but it is confidential.

ReBurn

I do it by going to the Insert menu and choosing object.  When the insert object dialog comes up, click the Create from file radio button.  Then browse to your spreadsheet and click OK.  PowerPoint will format the data into a table that you can adjust.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

How many columns and rows? You can only present a limited amount of information in a PowerPoint slide without overwhelming the audience. You can highlight the range of data in Excel and then copy. Go into the PowerPoint slide you want it in and select Edit-Paste Special. Try pasting it in every format available and use the one that looks best.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

Fuck it.  I am done dealing with it...I will email it to someone and take out the stuff that is confidental.

BigDun

I know a little about the program.. I was on the PowerPoint Developer team for Microsoft. Email it to me if you would like some help. Use my work email:

forward@bcaweb.com

BigDun

I haven't gotten an email yet. I guess you don't need my help.

cnamon

Quote from: BigDun on April 21, 2005, 09:56:21 AM
I haven't gotten an email yet. I guess you don't need my help.
There have to be changes made...it might affect how the whole thing is formatted...I am waiting on that myself.