News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Bridge Motel Art Show

Started by dazie, September 17, 2007, 09:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Latest from Number 6:

so first in foremost this is the motel i stayed at when i first moved to seattle....stayed there for a few months....mainly due to knowing the manager and thus getting a good deal....in a good neighborhood....at a horrible motel...i have spent countless hours helping to turn this building (now empty and scheduled for demolition later this week) into a living piece of art....literally every night last week starting on monday i was at this retched place painting, installing, knocking out walls and weet pasting .....great times with some great people....it was amazing....even the two major local papers had us on the front page the morning of the show....and the turn out was more than any of us had ever expected

here are links to some great pictures

http://www.motelmotelmotel.com/bridge.html

miss you all
and hope to see you soon
robert (bob)
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Is he an artist?  Do I understand correctly that he decorated a motel scheduled for demolition for some reason?

dazie

He's... associated with artists?

Evidently the hotel was slated for demolition, so they let people come in and decorate the rooms beforehand, held an art show, then destroyed the place.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Dry then Catch

this actually sounds like all sorts of awesome.  i wish i was a bohemian hipster