News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

I'm so excited!

Started by Jessie, July 24, 2007, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Carroll got me a used laptop today for super cheap.  He's been looking for an old machine to try out Linux on, under the theory that it takes very little power to run a good Linux machine.  Also, he's been wanting to paint a laptop.

This dude from craigslist sold him this laptop really really cheap, and said that he had forgotten the password a long time ago and had thrown it aside.  Hopefully it isn't stolen, because it's not a bad machine at all.  It's actually got more RAM and a faster processor than my desktop right now (1.8 gig processor and half a gig of RAM). 

So, I'm going to have a better computer than I have now, and the best part is that he's going to paint a Jolly Roger on it.

I'm so excited!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

Dell is very good about contacting the real owner of laptops if someone calls with a stolen one and tries to get their Tech Support to help get around the password. Dell has called our department, verified that it was reported stolen, and then called the cops to come pick it up from the person who called the Tech Support line. The cops showed up and asked the person to hand over the stolen property and returned the laptop to us. I was very impressed.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dots

You're an asshole and I hate you.

swolt

yay! If Carroll has problems removing the password tell him to send me an email, I'm done that a few times and know a few tricks.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

He already got it.  Now he's trying to install Linux.  He wants to play with it, and if I don't like it when I get it, I can just throw Windows back on it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Quote from: Jessie on July 25, 2007, 08:04:40 AM
He already got it.  Now he's trying to install Linux.  He wants to play with it, and if I don't like it when I get it, I can just throw Windows back on it.

so fucking hot. talk more geek to me
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Awesome! I have a machine in the back room that's a Pentium II and it's running Fedora like a champ.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!