News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Beefy, July 21, 2007, 09:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Granted, I have yet to even watch The Life Aquatic yet, but I can't help but feel each successive Wes Anderson movie is a bit less than the previous.  To me, The Royal Tenenbaums was everything that made Rushmore fun on the surface, but with none of the depth or honesty.  Life Aquatic struck me as looking even more shallow, and so I've never pushed myself to watch it.

Darjeeling has a fun cast, and there are rumors that the three lead characters are based on Jack Nicholson, Peter Bogdanovich, and Francis Ford Coppola.  But that doesn't ultimately mean anything.  The intent of depth does not grant depth.

I dunno, I wish I was more excited about it.

dazie

Watching this now. 

Interesting and odd.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

Jason Schwartzman reminds me of Jason Bennett.

Adrien Brody is kinda hot.

I never GET Wes Anderson movies.   :-\  I mean- this was neat, there were parts that I really liked.  But overall I just don't see the hoopla about his films.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Dry then Catch

I liked Darjeeling Limited much more than Life Aquatic.  It also weird everyone out to know Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide shortly after