News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Fruit trees

Started by JJ, June 25, 2007, 02:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Anyone have any fruit trees in their yards? I put in two SK Carmine Jewel cherry trees this year, and FINALLY my haskaps arrived today, but it's raining so I can't really get them in the ground. Haskaps are also known as honeyberries and other names, they are in the honeysuckle family and produce elongated purple berries.

I also want to get a couple varieties of raspberries and possibly some other fruit tree of some sort (likely apple or pear). I like the idea of going out to the backyard and picking fresh fruit. Yes I do.

BigDun

If you want a tree that will break when the wind is over 30mph, plant Bradford Pears.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

I actually want to have some citrus trees indoors when I build my dreamhouse.  Maybe avocado.  mmmm....

I don't know what's in the new yard- lots of vines, I'm thinking maybe sweetpea.  Doesn't look like any fruit trees though.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Dad had a cherry tree but all the birds ate the cherries.  Now he has a plum tree.  The kids were eating the non-ripe plums when we were there on Memorial Day.  Yuck.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

JJ

Definitely go for some fruit trees if you can, dazie.

Gamplayerx

We apparently have a pear tree in the front yard, but to my knowledge, it's only ever produced 2 pears.

Jessie

OMG is it like the tree of life or whatever?  Do you live in the garden of eden?  Has a snake ever talked to you?

The other night, in my dream I was bitten by a fat rattle snake but not very hard, but he had a whole mouth full of teeth instead of fangs, and then I tried to get Alice to take me to the hospital, but she turned in to Lindsey Lohan and went partying instead, so my mom had to take me.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

There are dog poop trees in my yard.  They are small and hard to see - but I assure you, they're there

sapphirehart

Quote from: eJessie on June 25, 2007, 03:09:33 PM
Dad had a cherry tree but all the birds ate the cherries.  Now he has a plum tree.  The kids were eating the non-ripe plums when we were there on Memorial Day.  Yuck.

I love eating green plums. 

We have a pear tree, two plum trees and a fig bush in my yard.

Beefy

They grow those on trees now?  I thought you could only get those in San Francisco and Greenwich Village.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: sapphirehart on June 25, 2007, 04:31:05 PM

That just made the inside of my mouth all squoosh up.

JJ

Quote from: sapphirehart on June 25, 2007, 04:31:05 PM

We have a pear tree, two plum trees and a fig bush in my yard.

Sweet. A fig bush would be awesome. I've only ever had fresh figs once (calimyrna), but they were fantastic.