News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Fan Freakin' Tastic Pot Roast

Started by Jessie, June 23, 2007, 04:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I just cooked maybe the best roast I've ever made.  I usually just throw it in the crock pot with some veggies and call it a day.  I decided today to try and make a doctored version of my grandma's pot roast.

I took a small roast (since it's just the two of us here) and rubbed it down with lots of salt and pepper, a little paprika, moderate amount of garlic powder, and onion soup mix.  I heated some oil in a pan and browned all sides of the roast.

Then I put it in a shallow baking dish with onions, carrots, and celery.  I mixed up the rest of the onion soup mix and a couple of beef bullion cubes and poured it over the meat and veggies.  The pan was covered with aluminum foil and baked for about 2 hours at 325.  Then I uncovered it and cooked it at ~400 for 45 minutes or so to cook down the juice and brown the top of the roast. 

My god, this was fantastic.  I can't even put it in to words.  If I were to, it'd sounds like mammmmmmemmmmuummmNNnmmmma.  Or something like that.

We had mashed potatoes and green beans with it, because Timothy won't eat potatoes cooked with a roast, and really, pouring the juice and veggies over mashed potatoes was SO GOOD.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!