News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Watching Calories?

Started by Alice, June 20, 2007, 09:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I'm on a diet right now... and I'm trying to adjust the way I eat all the time.  Not a crash diet, but a revamping my habits diet.

Anyway, I love salad.  I always have.  However, I love my salad with dressing - not plain.  When I was grocery shopping, I saw there was a bogo sale on these Wishbone Salad Spritzers.  So I got the Caesar and the Red Wine.

Oh my god, they are so good.  Despite being only 2 calories a spray.  The serving size is 10 sprays, which I think would be fine for a side salad... I had an entree sized salad though and used about 15-16 sprays.  So I got my dressing for like 30 calories.  Not bad at all... and super yummy.

I haven't tried the red wine one yet, but I'm going to tonight.  I'm half tempted to go back and buy all of them.

ReBurn

Whenever I have a salad I get the dressing on the side. I dip my fork in the dressing first and then pick up some salad with the fork. that way the dressing is on the bottom and it hits my tongue first. I get all of the taste and eat probably only 20% of the dressing I would eat if it were poured over the top.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

I'm glad you like them.  I tried the red wine one.  Meh.

When I eat salad, I put it in a plastic container that I can seal and put about a teaspoon of dressing in and shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty, shake your booty ... er.  I got a little sidetracked there.

ReBurn

There's a salad place here that does the shaking thing for you if you want. They make good salads.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Dry then Catch

so you spray on salad?  like an aerosol can

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 20, 2007, 11:13:05 AM
so you spray on salad?  like an aerosol can
No, like a pump spray.  No CFC's in my veggies.

BigDun

There is a chain of salad restaurants called Salad Works that make awesome salads. I wouldn't call them any healthier or lower in calories than fast food, but they sure taste good. Strangely, they also have a very small selection of vegetarian salads.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

pumpkineye

be careful with this spray, the second ingredient is HFCS.  sugars like this can slow weight-loss, although this only has 1gram of sugar per serving, so I guess it really isn't that bad.  damn.... maybe i'll try this

Gamplayerx

That's probably why I didn't like it!  Thanks for solving that mystery, PE!