News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Weird technical things on Junto

Started by VikingJuice, May 12, 2007, 02:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

I've had a problem the last few days with accessing certain buttons and certain threads on Junto.  For instance, when I click on my profile button to change my data, I get a download prompt asking if I want to download an index file or open using the default media player.  I'm not sure why this is happening and can't figure out how to shut it off.

I had the same issue when clicking on certain threads on Wednesday evening.

Any suggestions from admins?

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on May 12, 2007, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on May 12, 2007, 02:14:14 PM
Any suggestions from admins?

get bent

/just playing. Love you!

Hey, that's what my birthday card said.

Gamplayerx

ReBurn

Unless your name is Jessie. Then you just made it worse for yourself.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

It seems fixed MOST of the time for me, but still does it from time to time.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

Still NOT fixed as of 9:42CST.  Not sure if it's something on my end or what.  I ran all the anti-spyware/anit-virus ware thinking it was something on my end but I don't know.  Is it something with the Firefox browser maybe?

VikingJuice

I logged in using IE and it seems to be working fine other than an odd font on screen.

Jessie

I thought it was just me, too, VJ, but it isn't.  If it were me, it'd happen all the time.  It doesn't.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dc

They're trying to figure out what's happening with the server.  Something keeps overloading it, and that's when those errors crop up.

BigDun

So when Junto isn't responding I shouldn't hit the Refresh button continuously? I thought that it helped the servers by reminding them that I am still waiting.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on May 12, 2007, 10:24:37 PM
So when Junto isn't responding I shouldn't hit the Refresh button continuously? I thought that it helped the servers by reminding them that I am still waiting.

LOL

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on May 12, 2007, 10:24:37 PM
You can use this trick on elevators, too.