News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Biggest Steak Evar

Started by Alice, May 11, 2007, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I had dinner over at my supervisor/friend's mom's house.  This is the steak they put on my plate.

Gamplayerx

Good lord - burndest steak evar.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 11, 2007, 10:06:34 PM
Good lord - burndest steak evar.
It wasn't burnt at all - it was grilled, I think my camera phone made it look burnt.

eo000

it does look black...and huge.

Gamplayerx

In that case, pass the Lea & Perrins and let's tackle this bad boy.

Alice

That's a normal sized dinner plate too.

I ate like a fourth of it.  We're having steak omelettes tomorrow.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

You know, it kinda looks like a burned frog.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Did they ask you why they were taking a picture of it?

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 12, 2007, 07:17:56 AM
I took the picture of it.

And I did it when they were getting wine.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on May 12, 2007, 10:52:49 AM
Quote from: Beefy on May 12, 2007, 07:17:56 AM
I took the picture of it.

And I did it when they were getting wine.

That's what I said!  Booty traps!

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on May 11, 2007, 10:33:34 PM
You know, it kinda looks like a burned frog.
Trust me, I've seen burned frogs. That's no burned frog.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Today I saw the littlest frogs Ive ever seen. 

Mom told us (me and Timothy) that there was a path into the woods down the road from her house, and she wanted to see where it went.  We got totally lost in the woods and ended up coming out into someone's pasture.  There was a little pond in the pasture, full of tadpoles and bass.  I mean, you could just see tons of bass swimming in it.  Anyway, on the bank, there were like a million tiny frogs.  They were smaller than the tadpoles!  They were seriously smaller than pencil erasers.  When we noticed them, we all backed away from the wet ground near the bank, because we realized we'd probably been walking on them, since they were just everywhere.  They were super cute, though.

Oh, and we eventually found our way out of the woods and off the neighbor's farm.  We probably walked about five miles in the process, though.  It was fun.

ReBurn

Did you find Terabithia?

Infobahn

So, I see you are woman that likes large meat...

/had to
//surprised no one else did

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on May 12, 2007, 09:23:57 PM
Did you find Terabithia?
I wish.  Well, except for that whole dying at the end thing.

dazie

Quote from: Infobahn on May 12, 2007, 09:54:20 PM
So, I see you are woman that likes large meat...

/had to
//surprised no one else did

:bow:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

I hear that if you finish off the "ole' 96er" that you get a free hat and shirt too!!  Way to go Uncle Buck!!

Infobahn

I guess Dazie likes fish.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

swolt

Quote from: VikingJuice on May 12, 2007, 10:11:58 PM
I hear that if you finish off the "ole' 96er" that you get a free hat and shirt too!!  Way to go Uncle Buck!!

John Candy was my hero for doing that. On my list of "things to do before I die" that's very near the top.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on May 12, 2007, 11:26:28 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on May 12, 2007, 10:11:58 PM

John Candy was my hero for doing that. On my list of "things to do before I die" that's very near the top.
Wasn't that "The Great Outdoors" where he did that?

What are you going to do with a pontoon boat? Retake Omaha beach?

Gamplayerx

Yes, it was The Great Outdoors.  Grumpus loves that movie - and Summer Rental - far more than I can stand. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 13, 2007, 04:17:17 PM
Yes, it was The Great Outdoors.  Grumpus loves that movie - and Summer Rental - far more than I can stand. 

Great 80's flicks that I watch over and over.

I was reading a magazine this weekend and found a place in Amarillo Texas that serves a 72oz steak dinner.  If you can finish the whole dinner, you get it for free!!  The problem I suspect, aside from 4.5 pounds of meat in your gut, is that you probably have to eat a baked potato and salad or some other set of sides.  That's a WHOLE lotta food for one meal.

Their stats said that 35,000 people have taken then challenge and 7,000 have been successful so that's like what, one in five?  Can't be that bad if 20% of the attempts succeed.  I'd have guessed more like 700 managed the feat and then barfed right after.

JJ

They do grilled steak every Saturday at work.

As I appreciated yesterday at my folks' place (aside from the barbecue sauce, blech), they brutalize the steak really badly and it's 100 times better when you make it at home and don't burn the shit out of it on a big cafeteria grill.

I got some Montreal steak spice when I was at Schwartz's (google it) in Montreal a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. You just sear the steak, flip it, put the spice on while you're searing the other side, turn the grill down, flip again, spice, flip again = really good.