News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Lost is a rerun

Started by Gamplayerx, April 13, 2005, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on May 04, 2005, 01:20:34 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 04, 2005, 01:19:26 PM
Quote from: BigDun on May 04, 2005, 12:08:42 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 04, 2005, 11:49:01 AM
We had to get a new cable box for HD and it has the dvr built in, but the only thing good about it is it has dual tuners.  Tivo's way better.  I miss the "bloop bloop bloop"!

My HiDef Tivo has 4 tuners. Two HiDef and two standard definition. I <3 my HiDef Tivo.
Oooh.  Color me green!
OK

HAHAHHAHA
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

eo000

Beefy

OOOOOOO Locke was the one who clocked Sahid...

DUH.

Beefy

This is quickly getting dumber and more cliche.

Beefy

Jack and whiny bitch's story arcs were forced.

Locke's was good.

Gamplayerx

I liked it.  Who are you referring to as "whiny bitch"?

Beefy

The sister of Dead Guy.  Her character isn't usually well defined, but last night was just ridiculous.

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Other things that are annoying me:

1. The show started with a sense of fear for the islanders.  There was a monster on the island.  There was another group, including Ethan, who were not good people.  They kidnap and attempt to murder people.  This seems to have been forgotten.  Hey, let's go run through the forest!

2. Where's the woman who used to sit on the beach and insist her husband is still alive?

3. Why waste half the show on a back story that adds nothing to the viewer's understanding of what is currently going on?

The show is wallowing in cliched television writing a bit too much.  I started watching it because it was something different and I thought the people behind it had a great, interesting mystery to reveal and were doing so in a unique way.  I'm no longer confident in that.  It's getting too sloppy to dismiss the problems.

Youphoric

This is why I rarely watch TV, save for Golden Girls and Adult Swim

Gamplayerx

eo000

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beef on May 05, 2005, 07:12:21 AM
It's getting too sloppy to dismiss the problems.

Exactly.  It feels like the story just -isn't- moving anywhere.  They've lost the pace from mid-season, and it may very well be because they keep taking these extended breaks which force us to -want- the next episode to finally give us some answers after a full month of reruns.  Why Alias, which is a crapfest now, can get a full season of no repeats while Lost can't, is beyond me.

Beefy

Damn it, I forgot to watch it tonight.  Did anyone happen to tape or Tivo it?  I'll send money for a VHS tape in the mail, expressed.

eo000

Quote from: Beef on May 11, 2005, 07:55:07 PM
Damn it, I forgot to watch it tonight.  Did anyone happen to tape or Tivo it?  I'll send money for a VHS tape in the mail, expressed.
i've got it dvr'ed, but i don't know how to record to a tape off it.

Gamplayerx

Youphoric

Quote from: eo000 on May 11, 2005, 07:55:55 PM

Do you have Comcast?  When I DVR something and go to play it, it gives me the option to send it to a VCR...

eo000

Quote from: Youphoric on May 12, 2005, 07:34:15 AM
Quote from: eo000 on May 11, 2005, 07:55:55 PM

Do you have Comcast?  When I DVR something and go to play it, it gives me the option to send it to a VCR...
I do, but it doesn't give me that option. :(

BigDun

I might be able to hook you up. Me and the wife read books last night so I assume it is on our Tivo.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Bishamonten

Bittorrent?

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on May 12, 2005, 07:38:03 AM

I might be able to hook you up. Me and the wife read books last night so I assume it is on our Tivo.

Name your price, good sir.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 12, 2005, 09:29:21 AM

Bittorrent?

Bittorrent doesn't work for me for some reason.

BigDun

Quote from: Beef on May 12, 2005, 10:21:56 AM
Quote from: BigDun on May 12, 2005, 07:38:03 AM

Name your price, good sir.

Let me verify I have it and throw it to tape tonight. We can figure the shipping tomorrow.

BigDun

Video tape is made and in the car waiting for me in the morning.