News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Must. Not. Kill. Word.

Started by dazie, March 19, 2007, 10:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Ever since the computer folk here touched my computer, whenever I open a Word doc it pops up in "reading" layout, which I hate.

How do I put the default view back to "print" layout?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Oh mine does too!  I hate it too!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

You can't do it.  The way it is viewed is part of the document... you have to save it in print layout.  If you're getting it from someone else, it's going to open up in whichever view they saved it in.

Gamplayerx

Prevent reading layout view from opening automatically when you receive a Word document in e-mail: On the Tools menu, click Options, click the General tab, and then clear the Allow starting in Reading Layout check box.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 19, 2007, 10:28:30 AM
Prevent reading layout view from opening automatically when you receive a Word document in e-mail: On the Tools menu, click Options, click the General tab, and then clear the Allow starting in Reading Layout check box.

Oh hooray.

dazie

heh.  I was looking in the email options.  I DO NOT HAVE A GENERAL TAB!

But then I realized what you meant.

Yay for Gamp!   :gamp:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

My safety word is "pachenco".

ReBurn

You think you're frustrated now? Wait until you use Word 2007. No such thing as a toolbar anymore. Welcome to "the ribbon" and its confusing glory.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on March 19, 2007, 01:27:15 PM
You think you're frustrated now? Wait until you use Word 2007. No such thing as a toolbar anymore. Welcome to "the ribbon" and its confusing glory.
That sounds ghastly.  I hate having to click stuff.  Does it still have keyboard shortcuts?  The screen shot I just looked up was unclear.

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 19, 2007, 01:43:32 PM
That sounds ghastly.  I hate having to click stuff.  Does it still have keyboard shortcuts?  The screen shot I just looked up was unclear.
Keyboard shortcuts are there, but everything is now context driven. It takes some getting used to. Whatever you are allowed to do is on a button on a ribbon.

Alice

Quote from: ReBurn on March 19, 2007, 02:24:24 PM
Keyboard shortcuts are there, but everything is now context driven. It takes some getting used to. Whatever you are allowed to do is on a button on a ribbon.
What's the ribbon on?

Jessie

I'm trying out the demo.  It's very jumbled looking.

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on March 19, 2007, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on March 19, 2007, 02:24:24 PM
What's the ribbon on?
It's in the place where all of the menu bars and toolbars are in the current versions. There are a few buttons for common actions at the top of the ribbon, like save, open, and print. Everything else has been moved to ribbons that change as you are doing stuff.