News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

bbq corn

Started by swolt, February 19, 2007, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

last night we bbq'd corn. We also had stuffed chicken and sausage and pork chops and baked potatoes.

everything was good, but the corn was uber. I made a butter/garlic/pepper paste and spread it all over the corn and wrapped it in foil and we put it on the grill for about 45 minutes.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dazie

I can't wait for summer and sweet corn on the grill.   YUM!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on February 19, 2007, 03:07:34 PM
last night we bbq'd corn. We also had stuffed chicken and sausage and pork chops and baked potatoes.

everything was good, but the corn was uber. I made a butter/garlic/pepper paste and spread it all over the corn and wrapped it in foil and we put it on the grill for about 45 minutes.

Never had it but if the sides are chicken, sausage and pork chops, it can't be that bad.

Dry then Catch

that sounds delicious but I have to watch my girlish figure

Gamplayerx

One of the two or three only things I cook (by cook, I mean prepare and make my husband cook) is corn on the grill.   I shuck and wash the corn (gotta keep some water for the steaming), and then make little tin foil coffins, put the corn in with about a 1/4 teaspoon of margarine, a healthy shake of Mrs. Dash, and then seal 'em up and stick them on the top shelf of the grill.  Yummy yummy yummy!

I also do this with green beans. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 19, 2007, 07:46:23 PM
One of the two or three only things I cook (by cook, I mean prepare and make my husband cook) is corn on the grill.   I shuck and wash the corn (gotta keep some water for the steaming), and then make little tin foil coffins, put the corn in with about a 1/4 teaspoon of margarine, a healthy shake of Mrs. Dash, and then seal 'em up and stick them on the top shelf of the grill.  Yummy yummy yummy!

I also do this with green beans. 

Sounds good.  I recently discovered how much I like grilled pineapple.  It's completely different than fresh or mixed with other fruits.