News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

$375 later...

Started by dazie, January 13, 2007, 10:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

And we're still not sure what's wrong with Dakota.  (my dog)

We know she doesn't have an intestinal blockage (which is what I thought was going to be the case) but we don't know what's causing her lethargy, shallow breathing and distended abdomen.

*sigh*

They took xrays and blood and will get back to me on Monday.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

JJ

Don't take her to a Korean vet, whatever you do.

Alice

Oh honey, I'm sorry she's ill.  You both are in my thoughts.

Beefy

dazie

Thanks all.  :)  I'll keep you posted.

Right now she's out laying in the yard.  She likes the cold, so I figured that'd be nice.

dazie

Well, she seems somewhat better- she ate a little of the food the vet sent home with us and when I got back in from fighting with the ATM, she was wagging her tail and patting her feet on the floor a little bit.  ("utching"  she does that when she's happy)

Now she's back outside.

Jessie

Poor puppy.  Hope she's well soon.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

HELIX

that sucks when pets are sick because they can't tell you what's wrong.  hope she's up and running soon!
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

DownSouth

Sounds like digestive problems.  Hope she feels better real soon.  I wish I had dog insurance.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Sorry your dog's not feeling 100%.  Are dogs like cats in that you don't know they're sick until they're really sick because they hide it?  I hope not and hope she's on the mend and you get good, definitive news from the vet tomorrow.

dazie

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on January 15, 2007, 10:29:28 AM
She died.

What?!!  What happened?!!

I am so sorry, Dazie.  Condolences and best wishes.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

I'm so sorry to hear that!  :(

dazie

We don't know what happened.  We talked with the vet and looked at the blood test results.  There were anomalies, but nothing in and of itself was enough to bring her down like this.  We're still waiting on the radiologist's reading of the xrays, but a few things sort of point to maybe lymphoma.  Maybe. 

We declined a necroscopy.

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on January 15, 2007, 11:23:40 AM
We don't know what happened.  We talked with the vet and looked at the blood test results.  There were anomalies, but nothing in and of itself was enough to bring her down like this.  We're still waiting on the radiologist's reading of the xrays, but a few things sort of point to maybe lymphoma.  Maybe. 

We declined a necroscopy.

At the very least, I am glad she is no longer suffering.

*hugs*

eo000

Jessie

Aww honey I'm so sorry.

*hugs to you and all the Dingii*

dazie

Thanks everyone.

I'm a bit of a wreck right now, but it helps to know that people are thinking good thoughts.

Beefy

I swear to you that if there is a Puppy Heaven that she is looking down at you from on high, grateful for the kindness and love you showed her.  She was a lucky dog.

Jessie

It is nice to know that people love their pets, isn't it? 

I know that some of the Junto pet family are very, very lucky, pumpkin hats be damned.

Bishamonten

Oh, Dazie, I'm so sorry. 

It's perfectly natural to be a mess at this point.  Losing a loved pet is a very hard thing to do.  Remember all the joy she brought into your life and I'm sure you know you brought her life an equal amount of joy.

meredith

Gamplayerx

I'm so terribly sorry.