News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Home Depot

Started by sapphirehart, April 09, 2005, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

I just spent two hours in Home Depot and I didn't buy anything.  However, I did price slate tile for my foyer and living area.  Just the tile is going to be $1900 and that doesn't include the thin-set or grout.  And if I were going to pay someone to do it, the labor installation would be an additional $2300.  That comes out to be about eight steers that have to be sold at the auction.  I am thankful that Terry lays tile and hardwood flooring for a living so that we can at least save money by doing it ourselves. 

Gamplayerx

Flooring is so pricey.

What I always wonder about Home Depot is what do the birds eat?  And do they ever poop on anyone?

Dry then Catch

if you can go to a post office, there are "mover's guides" often with a Home Depot 10% off coupon.  You can apply it retroactively

Gamplayerx

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 10, 2005, 06:58:13 PM
if you can go to a post office, there are "mover's guides" often with a Home Depot 10% off coupon.  You can apply it retroactively

Really?  That's awesome!  Thanks for the tip!

Dry then Catch

i mean it may be dishonest, but hey you are a mover at one point.  SOmetimes its switched with Lowes or just a NO FINANCING for 6 months at HOme Depot.  See whats up with it.

I put Pergo flooring in like 6 months ago.  I didn't have the coupon, but since it was $2000 I went in like 2 months later and got $200 back. 

Youphoric

I love Home Depot.

Simply adore it.

I'll spend an entire day there.

mmm...home depot...

sapphirehart

Beginning June 1st, Home Depot will be selling Sqwincher.  Go buy some!!

DownSouth

YAY.  Country wide?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

sapphirehart

Quote from: DownSouth on May 12, 2005, 08:08:18 AM
YAY.  Country wide?

yep! in all 1655 stores nationwide.

ignom

I'm going to have to go there to buy some paint in the next couple of weeks. I need something to cover up all the maroon in the kitchen and master bedroom.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

I never tried my Sqwincher.  Grumpus found it the other night.  That stuff stays good forever, right?

dazie

I think when we buy our first home I'm going to beg for Home Depot or Lowe's gift certificates.  I could spend thousands of dollars in the paint section alone!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

cnamon

I am so going to Home Depot on the first to get my first taste of Sqwincher.  This excites me.

sapphirehart

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 12, 2005, 09:12:55 AM
I never tried my Sqwincher.  Grumpus found it the other night.  That stuff stays good forever, right?

It has a shelf life of 18 months.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: sapphirehart on May 12, 2005, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 12, 2005, 09:12:55 AM

It has a shelf life of 18 months.

Most excellent.

Beefy

Quote from: sapphirehart on May 12, 2005, 08:03:46 AM
Beginning June 1st, Home Depot will be selling Sqwincher.  Go buy some!!

I so am.