News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Junto Fantasy Football 2006

Started by Listener, June 15, 2006, 02:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Is there going to be a league?  Who's going to run it?  What company will it be with?  (Yahoo, ESPN, NFL, CBS, et al)

My fraternity league has just gone through setup (I'm running it), so I figured I'd ask.

dc

Quote from: Listener on June 15, 2006, 02:27:57 PM
Is there going to be a league?  Who's going to run it?  What company will it be with?  (Yahoo, ESPN, NFL, CBS, et al)

My fraternity league has just gone through setup (I'm running it), so I figured I'd ask.

I figured we'd look at the leagues and see what looked good....  I have no idea when they're starting up...

Infobahn

Yahoo is already signing people up.

I am in, for whatever.

Listener

I think ESPN is better than Yahoo only because of the Team QB thing, where if (for example) Kurt Warner gets injured in the first quarter and Matt Leinart replaces him and throws 3 TDs, you get those points as well.

I'll play on any of them, but I know Vikingjuice and I both have Yahoo accounts.  I have an ESPN account.

VJ won my league last year.  Watch out for him.

cnamon

I think I will give it a go this year.

dc

Quote from: Listener on June 15, 2006, 04:25:11 PM
I think ESPN is better than Yahoo only because of the Team QB thing, where if (for example) Kurt Warner gets injured in the first quarter and Matt Leinart replaces him and throws 3 TDs, you get those points as well.

I'll play on any of them, but I know Vikingjuice and I both have Yahoo accounts.  I have an ESPN account.

VJ won my league last year.  Watch out for him.

Alice won our league, if memory serves.....

I'll take a look at the leagues, and all the people who want in can decide -- we've got some time to decide.

Infobahn

I have an ESPN and Yahoo accounts.

dc

They're all free, so accounts don't matter much, I think.

I think I like the ESPN one a bit better.  I'll probably set up a league there.

dc

I just set it up.  We can fine-tune the settings later.

If there are enough people interested in the "live stats" option which can be paid as a league deal, we can upgrade.

Anybody who's interested can PM me for an invite.  The league is free, and we can have up to 24 teams.

Listener

I honestly recommend no more than 16 teams.  Here is why:

There are only 32 teams in the NFL.  That means only 32 starting QBs, RBs, Ks, TEs, and Defenses.  And everyone needs at least one backup in case (for example) Joseph Addai goes down in practice and you don't have time to pick up a replacement, so you just slot in (for example) Julius Jones).

In other words, talent pool dilution.

But I'll play.  My PM will be sent later.

Have you put together divisions?  I think that's particularly cool as well.

Gamplayerx

dc

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 16, 2006, 05:46:30 PM
Can Grumpus play?

He certainly can!  Should I send him an invite? 

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dc on June 16, 2006, 05:50:30 PM
Can Grumpus play?

Sure!  I haven't actually asked him if he wants to (he's outside right now), but odds are good.  :)

Oh, wait.  He just opened the door upstairs.  I'll hold off hitting post until he gets within ear shot.  Yep!  He wants in.

dc

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 16, 2006, 05:55:36 PM
Quote from: dc on June 16, 2006, 05:50:30 PM
Can Grumpus play?

Sure!  I haven't actually asked him if he wants to (he's outside right now), but odds are good.  :)

Oh, wait.  He just opened the door upstairs.  I'll hold off hitting post until he gets within ear shot.  Yep!  He wants in.

Just sent an invite to his GMail address.

WileE

I am not a huge football fan, but this sounds like fun.  I love fantasy hockey.  If you have an open spot, I am in.
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

WileE

I couldn't resist.   :)

The Pain Train is comin' baby.   WOOOOO WOOOOOOO

;D ;D ;D

Miss Molly

This is paraphrased from a comic I recently saw on television.

"Fantasy Football is to meatheads what Dungeons and Dragons is to nerds/geeks."

swolt

Quote from: Miss Molly on June 17, 2006, 09:20:14 AM
This is paraphrased from a comic I recently saw on television.

"Fantasy Football is to meatheads what Dungeons and Dragons is to nerds/geeks."

I rolled a twenty and scored a touchdown
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

WileE

Y'all two should get a team.  It should be entertaining.  :)

eo000

dc

Quote from: eo000 on June 19, 2006, 07:29:13 AM
i want in, please.

Damn.  I completely missed this.  But I just sent you an invite.

Alice

Did I really win last year?

I forgot all about it and didn't touch anything.  I just had whatever the computer drafted for me.

dc

Quote from: Alice on June 26, 2006, 01:31:45 PM

I forgot all about it and didn't touch anything.  I just had whatever the computer drafted for me.

Your strategy worked, then....  You did win.

Alice

Quote from: dc on June 26, 2006, 01:33:02 PM
Quote from: Alice on June 26, 2006, 01:31:45 PM

Your strategy worked, then....  You did win.
SWEET!

dc

Just a reminder.....  We have at least two slots left for teams to get an even ten teams.  Maybe three, since Eo refuses to accept his invitation.