News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Started by Beefy, September 25, 2006, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I don't think it changes cinema so much as represents how cinema is already changing.  Lucas certainly started it, way back with Radioland Murders.  Robert Rodriguez has also been at the forefront of this effort.  I think there has been a lot of concern about how much life could be in a film where the actors aren't given a real backdrop of life to react to.  I think one of the reasons 300 has been such a success is that it does a good job of keeping lively and exciting despite the fact that everyone was standing in front of a blank screen when they were filming.

Beefy

I can't wait to see how Snyder recreates 1985 New York City with this technology.  Hopefully he makes the past subtle instead of driving it down our throats.

Alice

Gah.  Everytime we go to try and see this, something happens.  Normally its been little piddly stuff.  This time, we decide to go see it at the IMAX... and my friend gets a call from his mom that her and his father just split up and his father is missing.

300 is a curse.

Gamplayerx

Did they find him?

Alice

Beefy

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on April 09, 2007, 11:29:17 AM
Quote from: Alice on April 09, 2007, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 09, 2007, 11:07:23 AM
Did they find him?
Yeah.

Well, at least he's not dining in hell.

He might be- she didn't say WHERE they found him.

could be at Arby's or Sbarro though...
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on April 09, 2007, 11:32:49 AM
Quote from: Beefy on April 09, 2007, 11:29:17 AM
Quote from: Alice on April 09, 2007, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 09, 2007, 11:07:23 AM
Did they find him?
Yeah.

Well, at least he's not dining in hell.

He might be- she didn't say WHERE they found him.

could be at Arby's or Sbarro though...

Mmmmm....Arby's.  I love their roast beef-n-cheddar on their onion rolls.  So yummy.

dazie

Saw this again last night.  It holds up well to the 2nd viewing, I caught a lot more of the details (like names) that I missed the first time.

I'm definitely going to need a bigger TV when this movie comes out on DVD.

BigDun

I had someone pull up next to me in a white van while I was filling my car on Friday. Some kid (probably in his late teens or early 20s) stuck his head out the passenger side window and asked me if I wanted a home entertainment system. They were delivering one and somehow the company they worked for had accidentally loaded two systems on the van (yeah, right). I thought about it for about 2 seconds and realized that there was absolutely nothing he could have in that van that would enhance my current system and told him so. He was like "Don't you want to add a thousand watt surround sound with tower speakers? Or a plasma?". I told him that my surround system was fine and I already had a 50" plasma.

All-in-all, it was rather surreal.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

Always thinking of yourself!  What about the rest of us?  I don't have a 50" plasma!

BigDun

I'll tell him to head over to Kansas if I see him again.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

I still haven't seen this.

We went for the 4th time to see this on Thursday & the projector broke.  This movie is cursed.

Alice

I liked it.  It was good.  And large.  (IMAX)

dazie

bout damn time.

dazie

dazie

Is today the day?  I think today's the day!  WHOOP!

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on July 31, 2007, 09:20:16 AM
Is today the day?  I think today's the day!  WHOOP!

Yup.  Hot Fuzz, too.

dazie

I may just rent Hot Fuzz.

I think though, I have to wait until Friday to pick up 300.  :(

meredith

I still need to watch 300.

Get that testosterone infusion.

Kick some people in the chest.

ReBurn

I just saw it. I really liked it. I wish I would have seen it in the theater, but I guess 1080i is the second-to-next-best thing. My next tv must be 1080p. Unless they release something even better than that.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

I can't decide if I'm going to show it in my auditorium here at work or if I'm going to borrow one of the LCD projectors and put up a sheet at home to watch it HUGE.

:)

Are there cool things as extras?

ReBurn

The Blu-ray has some good extra content. It has some good extra scenes, a documentary of how Frank Miller's vision was realized on-screen, a documentary about what was fact and what was fiction about Spartans, a documentary about how the actors prepared for their roles as Spartans, a commentary from the director and several other things.

It also has a card in the case that says:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This Blu-ray disc is manufactured to the highest quality available. It is possible this Blu-ray disc was manufactured after your Blu-ray disc player. To ensure the best possible viewing experience, your Blu-ray disc player may need a firmware or software update. Please consult your hardware manufacturer's website for the latest firmware or software update. Please consult your hardware manufacturer's website for the latest firmware or software version and, if an upgrade is available, we suggest that you follow its installation instructions.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

Me and my dad are going to watch 300 tonight.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

You'll dig it.  You always did have a thing for hot men in leather BVDs.