News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Demons

Started by Jessie, December 28, 2007, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089013/

Beefy, did you recommend this to me?  It's one of the most fun movies I've watched in a while.  It was a perfectly awfully good movie. 

I love Tony the Pimp.  He could only have been made better by Sam Jackson playing him.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Jessie

Rosemarie: Ow, shit, I scratched myself
Tony the Pimp: That will teach you to touch things.

Jessie

Haha!  This 1 star review tells why I LOVED the movie.

Excruciating wet-dog stink of a film. So full of plot holes and false endings that it literally takes three weeks to watch! Why is the stunning, creepy attendant girl portrayed at the beginning of the film as being so malignant, just to turn out to be a regular person? If the theater is truly cursed (like the, erm, BLIND GUY AT THE MOVIES tells us), wouldn't this be her first (and last) night? Why does the pimp give away his knife, only to snatch it away five seconds later? How does a helicopter crash into the theater and not be broken? And WHY DOES IT CRASH AT ALL? Demons? I think not. The masked man(demon in human fornm-ish??) is never explained, or is the mask. Why isn't the guy with the mask a demon? Why is he so intent on killing our intrepid duo? What was the director THINKING when the hero drove around the theater on a motorcycle, killing demons with a sword?? Why are there SO many endings? Who allowed a ten year old spaz to write this????

Beefy

I love that movie.  It was highly acclaimed in some circles for being a "pure horror" experience.

The sequel isn't as good, but still is worth a watch.

Jessie

Timothy and Carroll loved it, too.  It was the perfect family bonding experience after going to look at Christmas lights.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on December 28, 2007, 10:14:14 AM
Timothy and Carroll loved it, too.  It was the perfect family bonding experience after going to look at Christmas lights.

But have you rented Black Sheep?  You need to watch that while Carroll is in town.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on December 28, 2007, 10:15:19 AM

But have you rented Black Sheep?  You need to watch that while Carroll is in town.
No, and he's leaving in less than 2 hours :(

Next time, I guess.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on December 28, 2007, 10:21:27 AM

Next time, I guess.
I should have looted his house. I still covet that awesome TV.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 28, 2007, 09:00:06 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 28, 2007, 10:21:27 AM

Next time, I guess.
I should have looted his house. I still covet that awesome TV.
Too late!  He just got home.