News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Started by Beefy, September 25, 2006, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

that looks really good.

Beefy

QuoteMy final analysis is 300 the most ass-ruling movie I've seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.
[/url]

Alice

I want to see this so badly!

eo000

just about a month.

Beefy

Pacing was off, and probably a good 20 minutes could have been carved out for a leaner, meaner film.

It was very much in love with bringing the graphic novel to life visually, right down to recreating the images in detail.  It was a beautiful, unique thing to watch, especially if you're familiar enough with Frank Miller's artwork to really catch the effort they put into it.

Gerard Butler, previously considered a sometimes interesting but uneven actor, is now the most kick ass kick-ass to have ever kicked ass upon the kick-assed.

Lots of buff man-skin on parade for the ladies, a couple of lovely ladies for the men to ogle, and a few decrepit deformities and diseased leper types for Bish to get off to.

A good, worthwhile, though not wholly successful film.

eo000

i've got my imax tickets for tomorrow at 220. i hope it's good. :D

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on March 09, 2007, 08:29:16 PM
Pacing was off, and probably a good 20 minutes could have been carved out for a leaner, meaner film.

It was very much in love with bringing the graphic novel to life visually, right down to recreating the images in detail.  It was a beautiful, unique thing to watch, especially if you're familiar enough with Frank Miller's artwork to really catch the effort they put into it.

Gerard Butler, previously considered a sometimes interesting but uneven actor, is now the most kick ass kick-ass to have ever kicked ass upon the kick-assed.

Lots of buff man-skin on parade for the ladies, a couple of lovely ladies for the men to ogle, and a few decrepit deformities and diseased leper types for Bish to get off to.

A good, worthwhile, though not wholly successful film.

Any film is successful if it has lepers for me to jerk off to.

You've gotten too elitist man!

dazie

We sold out all 6 showings yesterday- roughly 300 seats a show...  it was CRAZY busy.

I'm eager to see it, I just don't know WHEN I'll be able to.  Maybe over Spring Break.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on March 10, 2007, 02:04:41 PM
We sold out all 6 showings yesterday- roughly 300 seats a show...  it was CRAZY busy.

QuoteWarner Bros. seized control of the North American box office on Friday with the explosive debut of its Spartan war epic 300 which grossed an estimated $27.7M setting a new record for the largest opening day ever in the entire January-to-April corridor. The violent actioner also generated the biggest opening day of any film since last year's top grosser Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest set sail last July. With sold out midnight shows beginning on Thursday night, 300 is on its way to commanding the third largest debut in history for an R-rated film behind only The Matrix Reloaded ($91.8M in 2003) and The Passion of the Christ ($83.8M in 2004). Intense upfront demand for the stylish battle film should lead its Friday gross to account for a high percentage of the whole three-day take. An astonishing $65-70M weekend gross could result.
[/url]

Bishamonten

Saw it earlier tonight.  Really enjoyed it.  There were small failings, but as long as you view it as an adaptation of a comic book and not as a history lesson, I think you'd be hard pressed not to like it.

Bishamonten

So the guy who plays Xerxes?  That's Paulo from Lost.  You know the wanna be Sawyer - the one who took a dump in the station w/ all the TVs?

eo000

i really liked it.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on March 11, 2007, 01:04:39 AM
So the guy who plays Xerxes?  That's Paulo from Lost.  You know the wanna be Sawyer - the one who took a dump in the station w/ all the TVs?

Yeah, I noticed that.  I still hate Paulo.

Beefy

70 million in three days in March.  Crazy.

BigDun

I saw it today. Two thumbs up for excellent visuals.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

swolt

going to see it tonight.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Infobahn

Not going to go see it.  Haven't been out to see a movie in a long time.  Gotta find a babysitter.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

wow, what a great movie. I'll go see it again.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

BigDun

I'll order it from Netflix so my wife can watch it. She was concerned that it would have the gross out factor of Silence of the Lambs II or Sin City. Truthfully I would put the gore on the same level as Braveheart but much more stylized.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on March 11, 2007, 10:09:11 PM
I'll order it from Netflix so my wife can watch it. She was concerned that it would have the gross out factor of Silence of the Lambs II or Sin City. Truthfully I would put the gore on the same level as Braveheart but much more stylized.
Who's your movie buddy?

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 11, 2007, 11:00:42 PM
Who's your movie buddy?
I went alone.

DownSouth

Quote from: BigDun on March 12, 2007, 11:52:13 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 11, 2007, 11:00:42 PM
Who's your movie buddy?
I went alone.
Did you pull the popcorn tub trick on yourself?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!