News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

Hey Austin dwellers...

Started by dazie, December 14, 2005, 10:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Just in case you don't have anything to do on New Year's Eve...

In case you (somehow) haven't heard...

At the stroke of midnight, on the first day of 2006, FIFTEEN of Austin's most entertaining musicians will be together on one stage to ring in the New Year in a way Austin has never seen!

Stilt walkers, fire twirlers, vaudevillian villains, Reno outcasts, tattooed clowns, Brazilian martial artists, giants, magicians ...
circus freaks galore!  Two shows back-to-back: White Ghost Shivers and The Small Stars with an unforgettable New Year's countdown! Sounds like a night that would easily put your pocket book in shock in LA, NYC, or Vegas - especially on New Year's Eve - But not in Austin! Entrance to the Spectacular is $35 in advance and $45 at the door... ticket price includes beer all night and a champagne toast at midnight!

It's all happening just inside the carnival curtains at the Blue Genie warehouse in East Austin at 916 Springdale!  While the rest of Austin is tooting little horns and charging $25 for it, we'll be conducting an orchestra of madness to ring in the New Year!

The doors open at 8:30 and the party doesn't stop until the last freak falls down.

~A portion of each ticket sold will benefit the Handsome Joel Foundation~

..and of course, you should never underestimate the surprises these bands have up their sleeves!

Get tickets at www.whiteghostshivers.com or www.thesmallstars.com or Cheapo or at the bands' shows!

Listen to KGSR in the morning on Dec 22 or 28 and KOOP on Dec 31 to win a New Year's Eve Spectacular Package! 2 tickets to the party, cds, and t-shirts from both bands!

Looks to be a great show.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

I don't think we have any Austin dwellers.

Number 6

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

Quote from: DownSouth on February 03, 2006, 02:52:42 PM
Are you moving?
nope. setting up a membership drive tent off main st.

Beefy

Number 6

Are you moving?

i've been wanting to move to austin for some time now

Beefy

Quote from: Number 6 on February 03, 2006, 04:48:07 PM
Are you moving?

i've been wanting to move to austin for some time now

You'll be in driving distance!  We can get together for weekends where we lament about the state of the world, watch Bergman films, and listen to Norwegian death metal!

Number 6

i knew there would be something better than being abl;e to say i'm from texas :)

Alice

Number 6

dazie

OK- I didn't want to start a new thread.

But this kind of fits, if anyone's going to the Austin City Limits festival this year:

http://news8austin.com/content/living/rooftop_music/?ArID=170320&SecID=427

Same band, small clip of a live performance on some roof in Austin, in preparation for the ACL fest.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Infobahn

I lived in Austin for 5+ years and LOVED it.