News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Summarize a movie in 25 words or less

Started by Beefy, September 01, 2006, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

We did this on TF the other day and it was fun and a good time filler during work lulls.

Summarize any movie in 25 words or less.  Don't be so revealing that it's obvious, but don't be so vague that it's impossible.  Best of all, try and be clever.  Everyone else can guess what it is.  No one has to wait to submit, just submit as many as you want.

I'll start:

Woman lays herself bare in order to play with instrument being held by tattooed naked guy.  Daughter not amused.

Alice

A man making a business deal ends up befriending a killer.  He then tries to help the killer make a final hit so killer can live.

**Edited for clarity**

Listener

I have no idea what Beefy's is.

Here's mine:

Junior transfer student, slacker, and other share dorm, adventures, bed.  Stars a Baldwin brother.  Also, someone from Sports Night and a skeleton.  Sex is had.

Quote from: Alice on September 01, 2006, 12:34:53 PM
A man making a business deal ends up befriending a killer.  He then tries to help the killer make a final hit so he can live.

Either Collateral or The Whole Nine Yards, I'm guessing.

DownSouth

Junior transfer student, slacker, and other share dorm, adventures, bed.  Stars a Baldwin brother.  Also, someone from Sports Night and a skeleton.  Sex is had.

Threesome

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Listener

Quote from: DownSouth on September 01, 2006, 12:44:58 PM

Threesome

Yeah, I think I made that one too easy.

Four engineers build a time machine in their garage.  After that, it gets confusing.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on September 01, 2006, 12:36:04 PM
Either Collateral or The Whole Nine Yards, I'm guessing.
Nope.  But I edited it for better clarity.

DownSouth

Three kids build a spaceship and meet an alien.  The alien took his dads car.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

A man making a business deal ends up befriending a killer.  He then tries to help the killer make a final hit so killer can live.

**Edited for clarity**
The Matador?

DownSouth

DownSouth

Alice

Quote from: Dottie Lou on September 01, 2006, 01:11:12 PM

**Edited for clarity**
The Matador?
Yes!

Okay...

Boy plays with yo-yo while masturbating to a friend and a new aquaintance screw.  Other disturbing events occur as well.  

Listener

Quote from: Alice on September 01, 2006, 01:21:33 PM

Boy plays with yo-yo while masturbating to a friend and a new aquaintance screw.  Other disturbing events occur as well. 

I want to say The Dreamers, but there's no yo-yo in that.

Y Tu Mama Tambien?

cnamon

Woman dies, leaves house to daughter, finds two guys living there.  They learn to live with each other.  Finds out one guy is her dad.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on September 01, 2006, 01:22:25 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 01, 2006, 01:21:33 PM

Boy plays with yo-yo while masturbating to a friend and a new aquaintance screw.  Other disturbing events occur as well. 

I want to say The Dreamers, but there's no yo-yo in that.

Y Tu Mama Tambien?
Nope.  Different kind of disturbing.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on September 01, 2006, 01:00:56 PM
Four engineers build a time machine in their garage.  After that, it gets confusing.

Primer

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on September 01, 2006, 01:03:59 PM
Three kids build a spaceship and meet an alien.  The alien took his dads car.

Explorers

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on September 01, 2006, 12:16:35 PM
Woman lays herself bare in order to play with instrument being held by tattooed naked guy.  Daughter not amused.

Hmm, I'll rephrase:

Rogue watches as her mom whores herself out for her favorite musical instrument which is being held by a local tattooed guy.

dazie

1.  Guitar player seeks revenge.  Lots of blood, swarthy people, good music.

2.  Buxom blonde assists ex and his new squeeze escape with help from blind brother and sympathetic anti-hero cop.  Fat man dies.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on September 01, 2006, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: Listener on September 01, 2006, 01:00:56 PM

Primer

Yeah.

Clone threatens to destroy the good guys, all because he can't get protagonist's blood.  Also, beloved character sacrifices himself to save everyone.

Quote from: Beefy on September 01, 2006, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: Beefy on September 01, 2006, 12:16:35 PM

Hmm, I'll rephrase:

Rogue watches as her mom whores herself out for her favorite musical instrument which is being held by a local tattooed guy.

The Piano?

I could swear she was in that.

Beefy

Quote from: Dottie Lou on September 01, 2006, 01:25:11 PM
Woman dies, leaves house to daughter, finds two guys living there.  They learn to live with each other.  Finds out one guy is her dad.

That movie with John Travolta.  Something Something Bobby Long.

Beefy

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on September 01, 2006, 01:34:22 PM
Quote from: Dottie Lou on September 01, 2006, 01:25:11 PM
Woman dies, leaves house to daughter, finds two guys living there.  They learn to live with each other.  Finds out one guy is her dad.

That movie with John Travolta.  Something Something Bobby Long.

A Love Song for Bobby Long

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on September 01, 2006, 01:33:20 PM
1.  Guitar player seeks revenge.  Lots of blood, swarthy people, good music.

2.  Buxom blonde assists ex and his new squeeze escape with help from blind brother and sympathetic anti-hero cop.  Fat man dies.

1. 976-EVIL

2. Naked Gun 33 1/3

Listener

Overweight private detective unravels complex kidnapping, extortion, blackmail plot.  Janine Melnitz co-stars.  Shoe-Fu ensues.

dazie

nope

I've actually never seen the first one.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?