News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Nightwatch

Started by Listener, August 25, 2006, 07:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Yes, the movie that came out recently.  I bought the book because it looked interesting, and because my dad told me to pick out some books I wanted when last we were at the bookstore.

The end of the movie is only the end of the first story in the Nightwatch book -- the first 150 or so pages.  Regardless, the writing is well-paced and the story is interesting.  If you want to know what the 2nd and 3rd Nightwatch movies are going to be like, buy the book for $13 instead of spending the money on movie tickets.

Beefy

I have the movie.  It's enjoyable to watch how another country handles that kind of material.

Gamplayerx

I've never heard of these books or the movie.

I just read a weird book.  I wouldn't recommend it.  It's called "Candles Burning" - apparently a posthumous book by Michael McDowell (whom I've never heard of) as interpreted from his notes by Tabitha King (Stephen King's wife).  It's a story basically about a little girl's life after her father is murdered.  The description of the murder made me physically ill.  The rest of the book was kind of interesting, but the ending sucked.

Alice

I finally finished The Great and Secret Show.  Yay!

That's a long ass book.  Not as long as Imajica, but still about 700 pages.