News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

I'm drowning my depression

Started by sapphirehart, April 04, 2005, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 05, 2005, 10:31:21 AM
Mistakes in a relationship do not give the other party carte blanche, he is still responsible for his actions. 

he's also responsible for cleaning up after himself and his kids sometimes. trying to look after a house full of people and creatures by yourself is exhausting. *and* depressing. i didn't realize until my roomate moved out just how much slack i was picking up for her - and it wasn't like she was demanding it, the way it sounds like your husband is. just little things, like i was the only one that ever cleaned the kitchen, even though she did wash her dishes. i was the only one that ever took out the trash. i was the only one that ever cleaned any of the common living areas. and man - now that she's gone i realized just how overwhelmed i was feeling with all that.

and the four dogs are TOTALLY useless with housework. slackers, all of them.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nishi on April 05, 2005, 11:20:24 AM
Mistakes in a relationship do not give the other party carte blanche, he is still responsible for his actions. 

he's also responsible for cleaning up after himself and his kids sometimes. trying to look after a house full of people and creatures by yourself is exhausting. *and* depressing. i didn't realize until my roomate moved out just how much slack i was picking up for her - and it wasn't like she was demanding it, the way it sounds like your husband is. just little things, like i was the only one that ever cleaned the kitchen, even though she did wash her dishes. i was the only one that ever took out the trash. i was the only one that ever cleaned any of the common living areas. and man - now that she's gone i realized just how overwhelmed i was feeling with all that.

I was attempting to state that any mistake she had made does not mean she has to put up with his garbage nor does she have to pull any extra weight.  In an adult relationship, when someone fucks up, you forgive, forget, and get a bit of sexy anal that night.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 05, 2005, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: nishi on April 05, 2005, 11:20:24 AM

I was attempting to state that any mistake she had made does not mean she has to put up with his garbage nor does she have to pull any extra weight.  In an adult relationship, when someone fucks up, you forgive, forget, and get a bit of sexy anal that night.

Quite right.  If you made some mistakes, either he forgives you or he doesn't - hopefully you learned from them or intend not to repeat them.  You don't have to pay penance or do jail time.