News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

I'm drowning my depression

Started by sapphirehart, April 04, 2005, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

I have already taken a xanax and have consumed two 10 oz glasses of white russians....will this day never end?

eo000

with that combo, it should end soon.  try to stay away from heavy farm equipment.

nishi

holy cats, sapph! that's some serious drowning! are you doing ok?
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

OBB

Bishamonten

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
In waves of regret, waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You, you said you'd wait until the end of the world

Jessie

I'd like to echo the 'are you ok' sentiments.

Anything you need to talk about or that we can help with?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

DownSouth

I hope she's alright.  She's probably still asleep.  I took xanax last night and slept like a rock.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Xanax and drinking together is a bad idea.

/voice of reason

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on April 05, 2005, 08:32:58 AM
Xanax and drinking together is a bad idea.

/voice of reason

*bemused silence*

sapphirehart

I was handed a huge project at work that has an unreasonable deadline...on top of everything else that I have to do (tradeshows, travel arrangements, payroll, etc)

Terry is being unreasonable with his demands of a clean house.  I do cook a hot meal every night...and he always has clean clothes.  I just refuse to pick up after everyone and three dogs when they could do it themselves (okay, maybe the dogs can't pick up after themselves but I'm not the only one living in the house).

Plus, I have to account for every dime that I spend when I pay bills by requesting the specific amount of money from him (which makes me feel like I'm at work and having to request a check from accounting).

I went to bed last night at 8pm and woke up this morning feeling quite refreshed.

I am truly sorry that I had you guys concerned.  I didn't mean to get you all worried.

Beefy

That does sound unreasonable.  And sucky.

Infobahn

I'm still of the feeling you need to dump his sorry ass.

Beefy

Quote from: Infobahn on April 05, 2005, 09:39:22 AM
I'm still of the feeling you need to dump his sorry ass.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to.

ignom

sapphirehart

But I'm not perfect...I've made some huge mistakes.... so I feel that for all the horrible things I've done, I'm only getting back and being treated for what I deserve.

Beefy

Quote from: sapphirehart on April 05, 2005, 09:49:20 AM
But I'm not perfect...I've made some huge mistakes.... so I feel that for all the horrible things I've done, I'm only getting back and being treated for what I deserve.

You, DS, and I need to get together and smack one another in the face.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beef on April 05, 2005, 09:50:59 AM

So true.  I'm thinking elecroshock therapy.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

sapphirehart

Quote from: Beef on April 05, 2005, 09:50:59 AM

I bruise easily...how about you smack me somewhere that it doesn't show?   ;)

Beefy

Quote from: sapphirehart on April 05, 2005, 09:54:29 AM

In the closet?

sapphirehart

Quote from: Beef on April 05, 2005, 09:57:28 AM
Quote from: sapphirehart on April 05, 2005, 09:54:29 AM

In the closet?

But I'm afraid of the dark.  :o

ignom

Don't think of your mistakes as mistakes but as teachers. You can't change the past, but you can control your future, and all that mumbo jumbo.

Jessie

MaryBeth, I can relate to how you feel about deserving it, and bringing it on yourself and all of that.

In my last relationship, I put up with constant verbal abuse, unreal control issues, and sometimes physical abuse.

I excused his behavior for many reasons.  I stayed because I knew he was sick (bi-polar at a minimum) and was seeking treatment (he was on a variety of meds and in and out of therapy).  I stayed because I was scared to be alone.  I stayed because I didn't want to take another male figure out of Timothy's life (this is of course absurd, since he was in no way a positive influence on his life).  I stayed because I didn't want to admit failure.  I stayed becasue I didn't want everyone to be right about my mistake.  But probably more than anything, I stayed because I thought I deserved it.

I absolutely played a part in our troubles.  I threw shit, I broke shit, I screamed, I acted like a crazy person and a child.

Then one day, I stopped.

I stopped fighting, I stopped losing my temper.  I stopped everything that I had done that had made me feel to blame.

But you know what, he didn't stop.  He never stopped being abusive.  At that point, I decided that I didn't deserve it, and I left.

You don't deserve it either.  If you feel like you're doing something right now that brings it on, stop doing it.  See if he changes.  

You don't deserve to be punished at all, but more than anything you don't deserve to be punished if you aren't doing anything wrong.

You deserve better, you can do better.  You don't need him.  It feels like it, I know it does.  All those fears of starting over and being alone and how it will affect your kids, man, I know them so well.

But let me tell you something.  Since I came back to Kentucky, I've dealt with living in a place that I hate, with a man I can't stand, I've lost my step-brother, my baby brother has left for Iraq, I'm scared shitless about money, I'm commuting 140 miles a day, I'm dealing with some other issues, and I'm still happier than I was in Georgia.

Whatever you do or don't do, and whenever you do it, we're here for you, and I know what you're going through.

Hugs.

Bishamonten

Mistakes in a relationship do not give the other party carte blanche, he is still responsible for his actions. 

nishi

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 05, 2005, 10:31:21 AM
Mistakes in a relationship do not give the other party carte blanche, he is still responsible for his actions. 

he's also responsible for cleaning up after himself and his kids sometimes. trying to look after a house full of people and creatures by yourself is exhausting. *and* depressing. i didn't realize until my roomate moved out just how much slack i was picking up for her - and it wasn't like she was demanding it, the way it sounds like your husband is. just little things, like i was the only one that ever cleaned the kitchen, even though she did wash her dishes. i was the only one that ever took out the trash. i was the only one that ever cleaned any of the common living areas. and man - now that she's gone i realized just how overwhelmed i was feeling with all that.

and the four dogs are TOTALLY useless with housework. slackers, all of them.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bishamonten

Quote from: nishi on April 05, 2005, 11:20:24 AM

he's also responsible for cleaning up after himself and his kids sometimes. trying to look after a house full of people and creatures by yourself is exhausting. *and* depressing. i didn't realize until my roomate moved out just how much slack i was picking up for her - and it wasn't like she was demanding it, the way it sounds like your husband is. just little things, like i was the only one that ever cleaned the kitchen, even though she did wash her dishes. i was the only one that ever took out the trash. i was the only one that ever cleaned any of the common living areas. and man - now that she's gone i realized just how overwhelmed i was feeling with all that.

I was attempting to state that any mistake she had made does not mean she has to put up with his garbage nor does she have to pull any extra weight.  In an adult relationship, when someone fucks up, you forgive, forget, and get a bit of sexy anal that night.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 05, 2005, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: nishi on April 05, 2005, 11:20:24 AM

I was attempting to state that any mistake she had made does not mean she has to put up with his garbage nor does she have to pull any extra weight.  In an adult relationship, when someone fucks up, you forgive, forget, and get a bit of sexy anal that night.

Quite right.  If you made some mistakes, either he forgives you or he doesn't - hopefully you learned from them or intend not to repeat them.  You don't have to pay penance or do jail time.