News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Iron Man

Started by Beefy, July 24, 2006, 01:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

I watched this the other night.  Fun movie.

ReBurn

Quote from: ReBurn on October 01, 2008, 09:39:47 PM
I'm actually going to do a little experimenting of my own. I bought Iron Man on Blu-ray yesterday, but I also won a DVD copy at Wally World's grand re-opening this morning when I stopped to buy my lunch on the way to work. So I'm going to try to tell if the Blu-ray was really worth it, aside from the web-enabled content and exclusive special features.
I've completed my analysis. As far as video quality goes the upscaled DVD comes pretty close to the HD video of the Blu-Ray version. At more than 6 feet from the TV I can't tell the difference, but I don't see that well so take what you will from that. At about 4 feet away you can see the differences in visual detail. Images are more crisp and defined and there's no noticeable blurring except for those things that are out of focus. I'm not sure that the increased detail it is good enough to justify the cost of a Blu-Ray player.

The true difference was in the sound quality. The uncompressed PCM audio is just leaps and bounds above the audio on the DVD. There are so many more sound details that are distinguishable. In this area I think that there is noticeable value in Blu-Ray.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 14, 2008, 11:45:41 AM

I concur.  I laughed several times, and found myself getting tense in several scenes.  I hate that.  Hate being manipulated by the director.

Although- the director IS Jon Favreau.  rowr!  He could probably manipulate me.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on February 01, 2009, 12:20:06 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 14, 2008, 11:45:41 AM

I concur.  I laughed several times, and found myself getting tense in several scenes.  I hate that.  Hate being manipulated by the director.

Although- the director IS Jon Favreau.  rowr!  He could probably manipulate me.

Apparently you are the cute and fluffy bunny Vince was referring to.