News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Clerks II

Started by Alice, July 21, 2006, 09:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I know there's another thread around here, but I am too lazy to find it.

I'm going to go see this tonight.  I was hoping to find a midnight showing of it last night, but couldn't find any theaters.

eo000

i'ma go right after work. :D:D:D

DownSouth

I think this is going to be a Netflix.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Let me save you some time:

SHIT! FUCK!

I AM RUDE!

IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS SURE CAN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT

HAHA, A CHARACTER WHO GOES AGAINST STEREOTYPES BY BEING A STEREOTYPE!

DANTE GETS THE GIRL.

/that will be $5 please

eo000

thanks a bunch, schalit. i'm gonna check it out for myself, if that's alright.

Jessie

I really want to see it, but won't for a while.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: jessie on July 21, 2006, 09:35:58 AM
Now you know how I feel about your vagina.  :(

swolt

I'm going with a group to see it tonight on our brand new Rave Motion Pictures theater! In hi-def too.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on July 21, 2006, 09:37:25 AM
Will pictures do?

Alice

Quote from: jessie on July 21, 2006, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: Alice on July 21, 2006, 09:37:25 AM
Will pictures do?
For now.  *sigh*

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Don't forget to laugh in that loud way so that everyone around you knows that YOU got the Star Wars reference to the uselessness of Imperial Armor.

meredith

Well there's also  http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808665078/info  but I'm afraid there's going to be some stupid twist ending again that will make me groan and regret paying to see it.

Alice

Quote from: hatt on July 21, 2006, 10:45:02 AM
Well there's also  http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808665078/info  but I'm afraid there's going to be some stupid twist ending again that will make me groan and regret paying to see it.
I really want to see it. 

Especially since Disney refused to make this one.

eo000

I saw clerks 2. i liked it. it was good.

SPOILER

Rosario Dawson talking about going ass to mouth. good lord that chick is all kinds of awesome.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on July 21, 2006, 07:09:52 PM
I saw clerks 2. i liked it. it was good.

SPOILER

Rosario Dawson talking about going ass to mouth. good lord that chick is all kinds of awesome.

I liked it.  It was good.  Especially the young guy who's name I can't remember.

SPOILER II

Now I get the vagina troll thread!!!

Listener

I very much enjoyed Clerks 2, although the racist joke segment got tiresome FAST.

And I think I can safely say this without it being a spoiler:  was Rosario Dawson wearing an extra-boing bra?  I mean, seriously, it was hypnotic.

BTW, after the credits, there's a little View Askew eyecatch, then the entire list of all Clerks 2 Myspace Friends at the time the credits were made.  That's it.  No hidden scene.

Alice

Quote from: Listener on July 22, 2006, 10:43:45 AM
I very much enjoyed Clerks 2, although the racist joke segment got tiresome FAST.

And I think I can safely say this without it being a spoiler:  was Rosario Dawson wearing an extra-boing bra?  I mean, seriously, it was hypnotic.

BTW, after the credits, there's a little View Askew eyecatch, then the entire list of all Clerks 2 Myspace Friends at the time the credits were made.  That's it.  No hidden scene.
No, but there is the typical credit of what movie is next.

swolt

I just watched it. Fucking funny.

next time I masterbate I'm going to scream "I'm sorry Jesus!"

cnamon

Quote from: swolt on July 23, 2006, 08:30:09 PM
I just watched it. Fucking funny.

next time I masterbate I'm going to scream "I'm sorry Jesus!"
Good to know.

Listener

http://pop.wizbangblog.com/2006/07/23/box-office-numbers-72306.php

I cannot. effing. believe. that Little Man & You/Me/Dupree made more than Clerks 2 this weekend.

Alice

I liked You, Me & Dupree.

Bennyhana

So, has Kevin Smith addressed why this movie was made after he swore that he would never use Jay and Silent Bob again?

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 24, 2006, 09:55:09 AM
So, has Kevin Smith addressed why this movie was made after he swore that he would never use Jay and Silent Bob again?
I didn't know he swore that.

Bennyhana

It's on the DVD "An evening with Kevin Smith."  Someone asks if we'll ever see Jay and Bob again, and he says something like, "Fuck no, absolutely not," in a frustrated tone of voice. 

swolt

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 24, 2006, 09:55:09 AM

not that I've read. But I'm glad he did.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 24, 2006, 10:00:54 AM
It's on the DVD "An evening with Kevin Smith."  Someone asks if we'll ever see Jay and Bob again, and he says something like, "Fuck no, absolutely not," in a frustrated tone of voice. 
Huh, weird.

Jessie

eo000

Quote from: Alice on July 24, 2006, 10:05:39 AM
Huh, weird.

I think that was in the time where he was really frustrated with Mewes drug abuse. He's been clean for a few years now.

Bennyhana

Quote from: eo000 on July 24, 2006, 10:10:29 AM
Huh, weird.

I think that was in the time where he was really frustrated with Mewes drug abuse. He's been clean for a few years now.

Could be.  I was just wondering if he'd mentioned why he changed his mind.  I'm certainly not sad he did.

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 24, 2006, 10:13:30 AM
Quote from: eo000 on July 24, 2006, 10:10:29 AM
Huh, weird.

Could be.  I was just wondering if he'd mentioned why he changed his mind.  I'm certainly not sad he did.

Similar to what I read.  I think -- but am not sure -- what I read was that Jay wouldn't be in C2 if he didn't get off the drugs.  So he got off the drugs. 

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I don't mean this as my usual hating on Kevin Smith, but that was when he still had a career.

Check the credits for Dogma. They had to bring in two or three people to rewrite his script.

meredith

Someone named "ThatKevinSmith", apparently that Kevin Smith, was involved in a flamewar on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's attracted enough attention that the server is having issues.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=497797

I'm curious to see what was being argued over now.

eo000

Quote from: hatt on July 26, 2006, 12:30:37 PM
Someone named "ThatKevinSmith", apparently that Kevin Smith, was involved in a flamewar on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's attracted enough attention that the server is having issues.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=497797

I'm curious to see what was being argued over now.

probably the "fletch" thing.