News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Lady in the Water

Started by swolt, July 22, 2006, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

tonight I went to see Clerks 2. But it was sold out. All my friends ended up leaving, but I thought "damnit I'm here, I'll see Lady in the Water alone."

Am I ever glad I did.

I think Shyamalan is a fantastic story teller, and he used all his art in this movie.

And yeah, the dog/wolf thing from the previews? Freaked me the fuck out.

As much I as I enjoyed this movie, I don't know if I would recommend it. Several people in front of me leaving the theatre were talking about how bad it sucked.
I also liked The Villiage and Signs, so if you didn't like those movies stay away from this one. But if you liked his other movies, I think you'll like it as much as I did.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

The last of his films I liked was Unbreakable.  Signs had a few good moments, but was ultimately poorly written.  I guessed The Village's twist from the trailer.  No $$$ from me again.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on July 22, 2006, 12:54:39 AM
The last of his films I liked was Unbreakable.  Signs had a few good moments, but was ultimately poorly written.  I guessed The Village's twist from the trailer.  No $$$ from me again.

this isn't a "twist" movie like sixth sense, unbreakable, and the village. The plot is straightforward and told very well. The characters are written very well. Paul Giamatti is awesome.
And I think I'm in love with Bryce Howard.

Jessie

Quote from: swolt on July 22, 2006, 12:58:31 AM

this isn't a "twist" movie like sixth sense, unbreakable, and the village. The plot is straightforward and told very well. The characters are written very well. Paul Giamatti is awesome.

Bryce Howard is beautiful, I think.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Quote from: jessie on July 22, 2006, 01:08:54 AM
Quote from: swolt on July 22, 2006, 12:58:31 AM

Bryce Howard is beautiful, I think.
YOU GAVE AWAY THE SPOILER!

Listener

I would've told my friends "let's go get some food and come back in two hours and see clerks 2".  It was good.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on July 22, 2006, 10:41:13 AM
I would've told my friends "let's go get some food and come back in two hours and see clerks 2".  It was good.

we went to see the 10:30 showing, the last for the night. I'm gonna see it today.

DownSouth

I loved Signs.  I'm an alien geek though.  Me and my fiancee were Sightings geeks.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!