News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

Snakes on a Book

Started by Listener, July 16, 2006, 02:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I'm in the middle of one book now, but rest assured I will read this next.

It was in a stack in borders right next to one of the most ludicrous books I've ever seen:  a WWE spy novel.  (more on that in another thread)

Gamplayerx

Is your laptop on a tv tray?  Do you use a separate keyboard?

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 16, 2006, 04:57:48 PM
Is your laptop on a tv tray?  Do you use a separate keyboard?

Yes, and yes.

Beefy

I would read that, but not until after the film.

Jessie

I saw a trailer on tv for the first time yesterday.

I have no idea why I so want to see this crapfest.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on July 17, 2006, 09:55:32 AM
I have no idea why I so want to see this crapfest.

Motherf*cking Samuel L. Jackson beats a motherf*cking snake to death with another motherf*cking snake.  The sheer splendor of that one moment should be enough to kill every diabetic in the theater.

nishi

i had dinner last night with a friend of mine who is a pilot - he is nearly out of his mind with wanting to see SoaP.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Listener

The book was not that good.  The author's pro-life and anti-puppy-mill agenda were blatantly obvious.  (Not that there's anything wrong with either of those, but they don't have a place in SoaP.)

Also, THE line ("I have had it with these MFn snakes on this MFn plane") was delivered so cavalierly that you could just about miss it.

There was also way too much sexual tension between Flynn (Jackson) and Claire (Marguiles).  I mean, sure, I believe that there might have been something there, but not as much as the author was insinuating.

Overall rating: $4 out of $10.  You just can't communicate the sheer *ahem* terror of snakes on a plane via the printed word.