News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Patio Furniture

Started by cnamon, May 15, 2006, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I am in the market for a bistro set for my deck...I would like a iron one with a mosaic top, but I really do not want to spend a lot on it.  I was also thinking about a teak set.

What are your experiences with deck furniture?  I have looked all over and really can't decide.

Infobahn

I am shopping too.  I was planning to go to Costco this weekend.  I will let you know.

OBB

I've sold patio furniture at Home Depot since the end of March. Bear in mind though that Canadian patio furniture is made out of whale bones and ice.

ReBurn

My only advice on patio furniture, which comes from personal experience, is to get something WITHOUT cushions.  While this may seem uncomfortable, the cushions on outdoor patio furniture don't seem to weather all that well.  My next set, whenever I get it, is going to be the cushionless.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Our set has removable cushions which we keep in the house.

Listener

My parents' old cushioned patio furniture came in handy during Hurricane Andrew -- which was before they had shutters for all the windows.  We slept on it in the hallway as the storm passed over.  Never know when you're going to need cushions.

When they got rid of it (finally, a few years back), it was stained to a nastacular brown (from the original cream-beige) from years of being rained on.

cnamon

I ordered a set online the other day!

But in white.

I also bought this chiminea:

We should be finished with our backyard soon!

dazie

I really want a chiminea, but I can't find one I like.  Most around here are too stubby and squat, not graceful.  I'll find one eventually I guess.

Yours looks like what I want- where'd you get it?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

cnamon

Quote from: dazie on May 19, 2006, 08:18:24 PM
I really want a chiminea, but I can't find one I like.  Most around here are too stubby and squat, not graceful.  I'll find one eventually I guess.

Yours looks like what I want- where'd you get it?
I got it on ebay.

I have a problem...I know.

Infobahn

First step is acknowledging the problem.

cnamon

I painted my bistro set a hammered bronze to match my modern old world look in my back yard.  I like it.

We also finished putting down pavers in the back.  I will take pictures this weekend.  When I will post them is a different story.