News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

Started by snizwilk, May 01, 2006, 11:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snizwilk

Color me impressed. The new album does not suck.  If you throw out the horrible 'Un-employable' and it's a pretty solid album.  No, it's not a resurrection of Ten but it is good solid rock.  I nearly gave up on them after Riot Act, I'm glad I stuck around.  The live shows should be great this summer.

Listener

Quote from: snizwilk on May 01, 2006, 11:30:43 PM
Color me impressed. The new album does not suck.  If you throw out the horrible 'Un-employable' and it's a pretty solid album.  No, it's not a resurrection of Ten but it is good solid rock.  I nearly gave up on them after Riot Act, I'm glad I stuck around.  The live shows should be great this summer.

Is that the one with "World Wide Suicide" on it?  I'm not impressed by that song.  I haven't really liked Pearl Jam since Vitalogy, and I didn't care for most of that one either.

Mr. Ubiquity

They became to confusing and unintelligable after Ten. 

However, i really liked the song/video "Evolution" they did with Todd McFarlane.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

DownSouth

Whatever song they play on the radio is horrible.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: EmoSouth on May 02, 2006, 08:14:51 AM
Whatever song they play on the radio is horrible.

because those are the ones they can actually understand the lyrics to.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Jessie

I think Pearl Jam is highly overrated.  I liked them ok back in the day, but they're not the prolific band they're made out to be.  Plus, watching Eddie Vedder sing makes me want to shove a fork in my eye.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on May 02, 2006, 08:55:00 AM
I think Pearl Jam is highly overrated.  I liked them ok back in the day, but they're not the prolific band they're made out to be.  Plus, watching Eddie Vedder sing makes me want to shove a fork in my eye.
I have the same birthday as Eddie Vedder.

Mr. Ubiquity

dont.

your eyes are too lovely for such treatment.   Stick it into someone elses eye.

Mr. Ubiquity

dont.

your eyes are too lovely for such treatment.   Stick it into someone elses eye.

Beefy

I'll be purchasing the album a.s.a.p.

Beefy

I'll be purchasing the album a.s.a.p.

Mr. Ubiquity

is there an echo in here??

Mr. Ubiquity

is there an echo in here??

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

snizwilk

Quote from: Listener on May 02, 2006, 04:35:27 AM
Quote from: snizwilk on May 01, 2006, 11:30:43 PM

Is that the one with "World Wide Suicide" on it?  I'm not impressed by that song.  I haven't really liked Pearl Jam since Vitalogy, and I didn't care for most of that one either.

World Wide Suicide is the second worst song on it.  I hate it too.  The rest is definitely worth a listen.

snizwilk

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 02, 2006, 07:59:44 AM
They became to confusing and unintelligable after Ten. 

However, i really liked the song/video "Evolution" they did with Todd McFarlane.

The song 'Comatose' has a similar punk tinge to it.  It pretty much rocks.

snizwilk

'Severed Hand'... loud in a car... it's pretty much what made me love Pearl Jam in the first place.

snizwilk

'Marker In The Sand' has this harmony that reminds me of the day I left class early to go pick up Vitalogy and just drove around for hours listening to it.  I can't place the exact song it reminds me of yet, but it's good shit.

BigDun

You've convinced me. I'll get it the next time I'm out shopping.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

It's pretty good.  They remembered they're a rock band.

10 bucks at Best Buy.