Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Yay for Netflix

Started by dazie, April 24, 2006, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on January 09, 2010, 01:57:48 PM
tl;dr.

This.  Plus quit mucking up my Netflix thread with stuff about movies that aren't on Netflix yet.  sheesh.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on January 09, 2010, 11:34:42 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 09, 2010, 01:57:48 PM
tl;dr.

This.  Plus quit mucking up my Netflix thread with stuff about movies that aren't on Netflix yet.  sheesh.

BigDun

Tivo can do the Netflix/Amazon/Blockbuster streaming thing too.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

Don't you still pay a subscription for Tivo?

dazie

Man On Wire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155592/

Good stuff.  "A look at tightrope walker Philippe Petit's daring, but illegal, high-wire routine performed between New York City's World Trade Center's twin towers in 1974, what some consider, "the artistic crime of the century." "

We know how it turns out- Philippe Petit is the main guy they talk to in this film, made in 2008.  We know he didn't die horribly during his attempt.  But the tension is still there, and still made me hold my breath.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

Quote from: Infobahn on January 10, 2010, 05:30:12 PM
Don't you still pay a subscription for Tivo?

We bought the lifetime subscription that was grandfathered in as a transferable to new devices. I don't think they transfer lifetime subscriptions anymore.

https://www3.tivo.com/store/plans.do
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Nope. They don't transfer.  Stupid tivo.*

*I still love tivo anyway.  Bloop bloop bloop!

VikingJuice

Paranormal Activity just scared the crap out of me!  Much creepier than Blair Witch but many of the same signature type effects.  Minus the snot dripping of course.

Beefy

I watched Vernon, Florida on Netflix On Demand last night.  Between that and Comcast On Demand, life is good.  And sedentary. 

Infobahn

I just found all the DirecTV on demand channels.  Now I have Netflix OD, Amazon OD and this, I will never leave.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on January 17, 2010, 09:25:37 AM
I watched Vernon, Florida on Netflix On Demand last night.  Between that and Comcast On Demand, life is good.  And sedentary. 

I kind of get the rationale for watching a film like that from a sociological point of view.  But not enough to put it into my overloaded movie queue.  However, in reading the synopsis from your link, I found a doc on the Salton Sea (link at bottom) that I did put on my queue and I put it #1.  So thanks.

Gamplayerx

For the first time since Titanic, my husband and I went to the movies today.  We saw Avatar in IMAX 3D.  Wow.  Wow wow wow wow wow.  Sure, the plot's nothing to write home about, but visually it was amazing.  And it was entertaining enough (sorry, VJ -- I didn't ready your entire thesis on the subject, sorry if I repeat or contradict you) but I laughed and I cried.  And whoever the heck played Jack Sully is just cute as a button!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 17, 2010, 10:19:22 PM
For the first time since Titanic, my husband and I went to the movies today.  We saw Avatar in IMAX 3D.  Wow.  Wow wow wow wow wow.  Sure, the plot's nothing to write home about, but visually it was amazing.  And it was entertaining enough (sorry, VJ -- I didn't ready your entire thesis on the subject, sorry if I repeat or contradict you) but I laughed and I cried.  And whoever the heck played Jack Sully is just cute as a button!

My great grandma just called and said she wanted her phrasing back.   :D

Gamplayerx

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 18, 2010, 09:19:39 PM

Wow.  Your great grandma is way more fiesty than my great grandma.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 18, 2010, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 18, 2010, 09:19:39 PM

Wow.  Your great grandma is way more fiesty than my great grandma.

Actually, the feisty one in my family, aside from my mother and aunt, was my grandmother on my Mom's side.  If you worked in a restaurant, you did not want to mess anything up.  She would be so embarrassing-polite, but very embarrassing sometimes for even the most minor issue.  And my grandfather usually sent everything back once as a minimum.  If he ordered soup, 400 degrees Kelvin wasn't even hot enough.  It was only hot enough if it was approaching a thermonuclear reaction.  There's no telling how many people spit in our food or dropped it on the ground or worse.  Thank God I didn't discover ranch dressing till many years later.