News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Movie List

Started by Alice, February 23, 2006, 11:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

wow, a bunch of you haven't seen T3. I highly recommend it. It isn't as good as the first two but it is still fun to watch. I liked the way they wrapped the story up.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

DownSouth

Quote from: swolt on February 24, 2006, 02:16:37 PM
wow, a bunch of you haven't seen T3. I highly recommend it. It isn't as good as the first two but it is still fun to watch. I liked the way they wrapped the story up.
I own it but don't really like it.  2 will always be my favorite.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on February 24, 2006, 02:21:05 PM
I really like T3.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

Quote from: ReBurn on February 24, 2006, 03:12:07 PM
I really like T3.
The dude who played John creeped me out and I'm not a big fan of Claire Daines.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on February 24, 2006, 03:17:15 PM
I really like T3.

Watching Claire Danes getting tossed around and beaten like a rag doll was the best part of that movie.  The ending irritates me.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beefy on February 24, 2006, 03:33:30 PM
I really like T3.

Watching Claire Danes getting tossed around and beaten like a rag doll was the best part of that movie.  The ending irritates me.
I didn't like the ending either.

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on February 24, 2006, 03:43:47 PM
I really like T3.

Yeah, too final.

meredith

Quote from: ReBurn on February 24, 2006, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on February 24, 2006, 03:43:47 PM
I really like T3.

Yeah, too final.

too.. final??  isn't the usual gripe that movies aren't final enough, setting up for another onel?

swolt

I really like T3.

ReBurn you'll get this...

when he shuts down after trying to kill John and boots back up, the numbers the upper lefthand corner start counting up from 0. It counts to 640 then stops for a few seconds, then resumes counting at 1025. That makes the Terminator backwards compatible with the 8088 processor. Which is perhaps why I liked it so much, that was a major kickback to old school computer geeks.

Daniel and I both saw this in the theater. After seeing it I found several websites were other people had seen it, and someone had a bootleg copy with a screenshot. I bought the DVD the day it came out and went frame by frame on that scene, and it isn't there on the DVD. They cut the scene a few seconds short and didn't include the memory count. I know enough people who saw it in the theater to know I'm not crazy, but I have no idea why they would cut it from the DVD.

I really liked the ending. I'm a huge Terminator fan. I've read most of the books, played most of the games, and read all three original screenplays. I thought the ending really captured the feel of the whole Terminator universe, not just the other movies.

John was a punk and somewhat annoying, but Nick Stahl did a good job of portraying him as he is in the later books and post judgment day games. At first I wasn't sure if Nick was a bad actor and that was just an accident, but having seen him other movies (most notably Sin City) I think he portrayed John Conner like that on purpose.

And thus you have swolt's review of T3 at 5AM when he wakes up and can't go back to sleep.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

Movies regularly get edited again before hitting DVD.  It's common practice.

BigDun

I liked Nick Stahl in the HBO series Carnivale.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

DownSouth

I think he looks sickly.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on February 25, 2006, 06:04:36 AM
I really like T3.

ReBurn you'll get this...

when he shuts down after trying to kill John and boots back up, the numbers the upper lefthand corner start counting up from 0. It counts to 640 then stops for a few seconds, then resumes counting at 1025. That makes the Terminator backwards compatible with the 8088 processor. Which is perhaps why I liked it so much, that was a major kickback to old school computer geeks.

Daniel and I both saw this in the theater. After seeing it I found several websites were other people had seen it, and someone had a bootleg copy with a screenshot. I bought the DVD the day it came out and went frame by frame on that scene, and it isn't there on the DVD. They cut the scene a few seconds short and didn't include the memory count. I know enough people who saw it in the theater to know I'm not crazy, but I have no idea why they would cut it from the DVD.

I really liked the ending. I'm a huge Terminator fan. I've read most of the books, played most of the games, and read all three original screenplays. I thought the ending really captured the feel of the whole Terminator universe, not just the other movies.

John was a punk and somewhat annoying, but Nick Stahl did a good job of portraying him as he is in the later books and post judgment day games. At first I wasn't sure if Nick was a bad actor and that was just an accident, but having seen him other movies (most notably Sin City) I think he portrayed John Conner like that on purpose.

And thus you have swolt's review of T3 at 5AM when he wakes up and can't go back to sleep.
I missed that! Now I have to watch it again.  I learned assembly language on an 8088.  I can effing program Terminators!!1!

nishi

"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

w00t!  I have less of a life than nishi!!