News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Started by Beefy, February 13, 2006, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:23:42 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:22:56 PM
Look at that, you wanker.  You were so busy being an idiot earlier that you charged to Holiday on your timesheet instead of Vacation.  And now corporate had to call you on it.  I hope you feel like a buffoon.

Yeah well... whoops.

I find that if you resign yourself to feeling like a buffoon all of the time that these individual occurrences carry much less weight.

What a joyous outlook on life you have.  And you wonder why you're single.

I don't wonder about it.  That one is pretty clear.  Stop trying to put your thoughts in my head.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:25:13 PM
Look at that, you wanker.  You were so busy being an idiot earlier that you charged to Holiday on your timesheet instead of Vacation.  And now corporate had to call you on it.  I hope you feel like a buffoon.

Yeah well... whoops.

I find that if you resign yourself to feeling like a buffoon all of the time that these individual occurrences carry much less weight.

I don't wonder about it.  That one is pretty clear.  Stop trying to put your thoughts in my head.

Fine.  I was just trying to help.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:25:34 PM

Yeah well... whoops.

Are you ever going to STFU & GBTW?

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:25:56 PM

Yeah well... whoops.

*sigh*

Yeah, I'll get back to you with more later.  Let me work for a minute or two.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:26:32 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:25:56 PM

Yeah well... whoops.

*sigh*

Yeah, I'll get back to you with more later.  Let me work for a minute or two.

Good good... earn your paycheck, you bum.

Alice

Beefy

Beefy

Beefy

pumpkineye

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 10:55:11 AM
Good, perhaps better than good, but certainly the lesser of the three films in the Vengeance trilogy.  It had some nice references to SFMV in it, and some nice casting, but didn't have the thematic weight the previous films.

The scene where Lee Geum-Ja has to re-create the murder of the child is arguably my favorite.

Just watched this saturday.  I loved it, not as uncomfortable to watch as Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (which I had to actually leave the room a few times while watching).

I thought the whole decision scene was my favorite part.  It made me connect to each character way more than any other part of the story.  The murder re-creation was pretty good!

Beefy

Quote from: pumpkineye on February 13, 2006, 02:03:30 PM
Good, perhaps better than good, but certainly the lesser of the three films in the Vengeance trilogy.  It had some nice references to SFMV in it, and some nice casting, but didn't have the thematic weight the previous films.

The scene where Lee Geum-Ja has to re-create the murder of the child is arguably my favorite.

Just watched this saturday.  I loved it, not as uncomfortable to watch as Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (which I had to actually leave the room a few times while watching).

I thought the whole decision scene was my favorite part.  It made me connect to each character way more than any other part of the story.  The murder re-creation was pretty good!

VALIDATION

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 02:47:47 PM

VALIDATION
I want to see this now.  All I need to do is figure out how.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

Maybe one of Beef's personalities could act it out for you.

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 13, 2006, 03:57:26 PM

VALIDATION

It opens in limited release on U.S. screens on May 5th.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 04:33:09 PM

VALIDATION

So you're like special or something to get to see it early?  You know people?

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 13, 2006, 04:37:12 PM

VALIDATION

The joys of owning a Region free DVD player.  They're only 100 bucks, Pimpy.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 05:21:58 PM

VALIDATION

I normally use my laptop for my region-free needs.  I just didn't look outside of my normal distribution channels for the DVD.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 13, 2006, 05:24:07 PM

VALIDATION

I normally use my laptop for my region-free needs.  I just didn't look outside of my normal distribution channels for the DVD.

The joys of eBay...

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 05:30:02 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on February 13, 2006, 05:24:07 PM

VALIDATION

The joys of eBay...
Wow!  There's like 3 versions.

pumpkineye

watched Old Boy last night.... FREAKING love this director

Beefy

Quote from: pumpkineye on February 14, 2006, 12:37:00 PM
watched Old Boy last night.... FREAKING love this director

Bish and I futilely tried to encourage people to go to Blockbuster and rent Oldboy.

Beefy

So you watched Sympathy for Lady Vengeance again last night?

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 14, 2006, 01:26:22 PM
So you watched Sympathy for Lady Vengeance again last night?

Indeed I did.

Beefy