News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

Tarnation

Started by Alice, January 04, 2006, 12:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I caught the last hour of this film last night.  I was getting ready to head to bed but was having a few minutes of cuddle time with Bruce.  Then I flipped to the Sundance channel and this really caught my eye. 

It's an autobiographical film of Jonathon Cauoette... he started filming it when he was 11 and finished the film at 30.  It basically deals with growing up with a Schizophrenic mom. 

There was something I connected to while watching this & I'm not sure what it was.  I don't think this is a movie for everyone - but I really enjoyed it. 

Alice

Dry then Catch

Who is Jonathon Cauoette?  The Wikipedia does nothing!

Beefy

It's on Sundance already?!  Is it even on DVD yet?!

It's gotten very, very good reviews.

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on January 04, 2006, 12:12:43 PM
Who is Jonathon Cauoette?  The Wikipedia does nothing!
He's the dude that made this movie.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on January 04, 2006, 12:17:03 PM

Yeah, it was out in May I believe on DVD.

I wish I could give a better review, but I'm still processing a lot of it.  It's odd because I now feel this bond to a person I've never had any interaction with... a person I didn't even know existed until last night.

There's something about this man that's just beautiful.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 04, 2006, 12:21:57 PM

I wish I could give a better review, but I'm still processing a lot of it.  It's odd because I now feel this bond to a person I've never had any interaction with... a person I didn't even know existed until last night.

is it the fact that he gave a very honest and open, raw and truthful look at his life??
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 04, 2006, 12:23:27 PM

is it the fact that he gave a very honest and open, raw and truthful look at his life??
I'm sure that's a big chunk of it.  :)

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 04, 2006, 12:25:06 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 04, 2006, 12:23:27 PM

I'm sure that's a big chunk of it.  :)

definately different from someone who can talk to anyone about anything.  When someone throws caution to the wind, opens the door to their heart and life and allows you to see it as raw and unedited and as real as possible, its can cause an amazing draw to that person.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Mr. Ubiquity

Not to change the subject, but i watched a rerun of the L word and they announced that the new season starts this sunday !!!!!  WHOOOOOOOOOO

Alice

I rented this from Blockbuster last night so I could watch it again & all the extras.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!