News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

A twist on Sudoku - it's Suko

Started by Gamplayerx, January 01, 2006, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Way easier and quicker.  Try it!  You might like it.  I do.  http://www.donpixel.com/play/en/051004043239/

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Jessie

I still don't really get that game.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 08:32:46 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 08:29:24 PM
I still don't really get that game.
The sand thing, Sudoku or Suko?
I didn't click the sand one.  So yeah, those other ones.

Gamplayerx

If you ever decide that you want to figure it out, I'll be glad to asplain it to you.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 08:44:07 PM
If you ever decide that you want to figure it out, I'll be glad to asplain it to you.
Thanks.  You can asplain it if you'd like to and I'll give it a shot.  I figure you people will stop posting at some point and I'll need something to do.

Gamplayerx

Okay.  I'll give it a try.

Starting with Sudoku.  You have a big grid - nine rows across and nine columns squares down.  This is separated into nine blocks (3 across and 3 down) that each have 9 squares in them.  Now, the point of the game is that each row, each column and each block all have the numbers one through nine in them without repeating.  The game starts you off with some givens, more givens for the easier levels, less as you go up in difficulty.  You then have to decide what to put in the blanks.  For example, if you're trying to place a 2 somewhere, it can't go in any row that already has a 2 or any column that already has a 2 or any block that already has a 2.  ... er ...  this would be easier with pictures.  Actually, the instructions on the webpage I linked originally are pretty good.

Suko is easier because it's kind of like code.  Same grid set up, but from the numbers you're already given, you can find patterns of 3 and duplicate them.  For example, if in one block the numbers 2, 6 and 4 are in a row, you know that in every block you're going to have 2, 6 and 4 in a row, so if there's a block that has a 2 and a 4 in a row with a blank, you know to put a 6 in the empty.  Actually, the instructions on the webpage I linked originally are pretty good for this, too.

Jessie

Oh ok.  I knew that you needed 1-9 in the blocks, but I didn't know about the columns and rows.  It makes a lot more sense now.

Gamplayerx

Good luck.  Once you get the hang of it, it's strangely addictive.

Jessie

I've started a game.  I have a row done. 

Gamplayerx

dazie

I really like the sand one.  :)  Pretty!

Jessie

I got a row and a column then got bored and gave up.  Too much thinking.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 10:19:17 PM
I got a row and a column then got bored and gave up.  Too much thinking.
Give it another shot sometime.  You may find yourself in a different mindset.  I resisted it for a really long time.

Gamplayerx

I don't know what that is or how it relates to this thread, but it's mighty creepy.

Jessie

dazie

aack!

WTF.

I'm still playing the sand game.

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 11:12:44 PM
I don't know what that is or how it relates to this thread, but it's mighty creepy.

The name of the little girl in the original Japanese film version of The Ring was 'Sadako'.

Now does it make sense why I posted it?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on January 01, 2006, 11:19:35 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 11:12:44 PM

The name of the little girl in the original Japanese film version of The Ring was 'Sadako'.

Now does it make sense why I posted it?
No.  Freak.