News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Ex-Machina

Started by Beefy, December 30, 2005, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I realize this will likely fall on deaf ears, but it's a good read worth finding the trades.

Won the Eisner in 2005, I believe.

It's fun catching up on these things.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Damned good series.  The author, Brian K Vaughan has another series that really put his name on the map, and with good cause, called "Y:  The Last Man".  I've been trying to get Alice to pick it up.  There are a couple trade paper backs as well.  Vaughan's run on the X-Men has been pretty good too.

Go buy Y: The Last Man trade paper backs 1 and 2
Buy any of the 100 Bullets trade paper backs you can get your hands on( there are 9 )
Find and buy Planetary Trade Paper Backs
Buy all four of the Walking Dead trade paper backs.
... I can keep going... but nobody is going to do as I say!

Beefy

Vaughn agreed to do an X-Men book?!  Well, I guess the pay is good.

I picked up my first Previews in well over a year yesterday.  Nothing in the Marvel section came close to sounding interesting.  It just appears to me that BMB has shit all over that universe.

Planetary is nothing short of phenomenal.  Some of the best storytelling I've enjoyed in any medium in the last ten years.  Y The Last Man and Fables also continue to be good.

Ooo, I bet Alice would dig the hell out of Fables.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on December 30, 2005, 02:45:57 PM
Vaughn agreed to do an X-Men book?!  Well, I guess the pay is good.

I picked up my first Previews in well over a year yesterday.  Nothing in the Marvel section came close to sounding interesting.  It just appears to me that BMB has shit all over that universe.

Planetary is nothing short of phenomenal.  Some of the best storytelling I've enjoyed in any medium in the last ten years.  Y The Last Man and Fables also continue to be good.

Ooo, I bet Alice would dig the hell out of Fables.

Yea, I suggested Fables to her as well.  But you know, people never do what I fucking tell 'em.  Like you for instance!  Have you watched Deadwood yet?  No, I didn't think so!  GET A'RENTING YOUNG MAN!

Alice

If I could get comics at a library - I would have seen them already, BISH. 

Unfortunately - my budget does not allow for comic purchases right now.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 30, 2005, 02:48:02 PM
Yea, I suggested Fables to her as well.  But you know, people never do what I fucking tell 'em.  Like you for instance!  Have you watched Deadwood yet?  No, I didn't think so!  GET A'RENTING YOUNG MAN!

It's totally in my Netflix queue!

Like, somewhere around #136 or so.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on December 30, 2005, 02:49:53 PM

Look, put them up at the top of your queue.  You like good writing?  David FUCKING Milch man!  You like good actors?  Ian McShane, Jon Hawkes, BRAD DOURIF, William Sanderson... the list goes on!  I promise you'll thank me for it.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 30, 2005, 02:55:12 PM

Look, put them up at the top of your queue.  You like good writing?  David FUCKING Milch man!  You like good actors?  Ian McShane, Jon Hawkes, BRAD DOURIF, William Sanderson... the list goes on!  I promise you'll thank me for it.

ONE TV SERIES AT A TIME!!

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on December 30, 2005, 02:57:21 PM

Yeah seriously.  Don't make him interrupt his Gilmore Girls season.  BE PATIENT!

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on December 30, 2005, 02:58:03 PM
Quote from: Beefy on December 30, 2005, 02:57:21 PM

Yeah seriously.  Don't make him interrupt his Gilmore Girls season.  BE PATIENT!

I would nail Lauren Graham in ways that would mentally scar her.

Dry then Catch

http://www.juntoonline.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=36

thanks for chasing the one of two people I introduced away. kidding. 

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 30, 2005, 07:01:26 PM
http://www.juntoonline.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=36

thanks for chasing the one of two people I introduced away. kidding. 

you need to be more selective of the mental patients you invite here. 
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"