News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

King Kong

Started by Bishamonten, December 15, 2005, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

I didn't find any of it difficult to buy into.  No more so than Legolas surfing the elephant's leg in whichever LOTR movie that was in.  Jackson likes to insert moments of whimsy in with his action.  I'm willing to suspend my disbelief so I can enjoy it.  I thought he did a great job of capturing that old school, wide-eyed grandeure that movie magic used to feel like back in the day.

ReBurn

I just watched the end of the two towers.  That was the first time I'd really watched any of it.  The tree-dudes are so cool!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on December 18, 2005, 08:16:56 PM
I just watched the end of the two towers.  That was the first time I'd really watched any of it.  The tree-dudes are so cool!
You really don't want to make the tree-dudes angry.

HELIX

how about the one who catches on fire so he runs and ducks his head into the water to put it out...those trees are just so smart
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

eo000

I liked it. It was good.

Jessie

I had no real desire to see this, but I really enjoyed it.  I probably would have cried at the end, except that I was busy consoling Timothy.  The entire 3 hours were an emotional rollercoaster for him.  The part when they first got on the island scared the crap out of him.  He said he was going to throw up when the bugs were attacking them.  He cried when they took Kong off of the island and when he died at the end.

It was good.  I liked it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on December 19, 2005, 11:27:33 PM
I had no real desire to see this, but I really enjoyed it.  I probably would have cried at the end, except that I was busy consoling Timothy.  The entire 3 hours were an emotional rollercoaster for him.  The part when they first got on the island scared the crap out of him.  He said he was going to throw up when the bugs were attacking them.  He cried when they took Kong off of the island and when he died at the end.

Take an animal from his home environment and cage him up and expect him to act tame?   please.  They got what they deserved. 

forget the barrell throwing.   why didnt he and the dinosaur just start smashin the people and punchin out the bulding until they collapsed??  why not that???  huh???
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 20, 2005, 09:04:45 AM

Take an animal from his home environment and cage him up and expect him to act tame?   please.  They got what they deserved. 

forget the barrell throwing.   why didnt he and the dinosaur just start smashin the people and punchin out the bulding until they collapsed??  why not that???  huh???
Donkey Kong and Rampage in one post.  Cool.

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 20, 2005, 09:23:50 AM

I'm glad you knew what the hell he was talking about.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on December 20, 2005, 09:24:22 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on December 20, 2005, 09:23:50 AM

My geek antennae are highly attuned today.  I think it's the kung-fu shoes.

Mr. Ubiquity

dont feel bad , my family never really know whats im talkin about.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

It was one of those movies where I repeatedly kept saying to myself, "I hate people."

cnamon

Quote from: swolt on December 18, 2005, 01:18:28 AM
There were too many problems I just couldn't get over and I never really got into the movie (like a girl climbing up a hundred foot ladder in high heels.)

I don't think you have met me and my shoes.

I have climbed ladders in heels.  It can happen.  Not 100 foot ladders, but pretty fucking high.

Beefy

The entire 3 hours were an emotional rollercoaster for him.

I guess this puts me at the emotional level of a 10 year old.

It's interesting, actually.  My little bro really liked it, and thought it was sad, but couldn't understand why I was crying.  He hasn't gotten to the point in his life where certain themes or ideals become poignant.  So it's like you and Tim had the exact opposite reaction that Josh and I had.

ReBurn

Did he punch you in the leg and call you a wuss?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on December 20, 2005, 10:16:46 AM
It was one of those movies where I repeatedly kept saying to myself, "I hate people."

you need a movie to say that?

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on December 20, 2005, 10:42:54 AM

It's interesting, actually.  My little bro really liked it, and thought it was sad, but couldn't understand why I was crying.  He hasn't gotten to the point in his life where certain themes or ideals become poignant.  So it's like you and Tim had the exact opposite reaction that Josh and I had.

Timothy is so much like you, now that I think about it.  He's so sensitive and was heartbroken for Kong, but kept wishing death on the people.

I'm certain that I would have cried had I not been distracted by Timothy.  I couldn't get 100% invested in it because I was amused by his reaction.  Amused isn't really the right word.  But you get the idea.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Jessie on December 20, 2005, 12:12:22 PM

Timothy is so much like you, now that I think about it.  He's so sensitive and was heartbroken for Kong, but kept wishing death on the people.

I'm certain that I would have cried had I not been distracted by Timothy.  I couldn't get 100% invested in it because I was amused by his reaction.  Amused isn't really the right word.  But you get the idea.

Your pointing and saying "Hahah!  This kid's crying for the big dumb monkey", may not have been apropriate!

Jessie

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 20, 2005, 02:20:05 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 20, 2005, 12:12:22 PM

Your pointing and saying "Hahah!  This kid's crying for the big dumb monkey", may not have been apropriate!

I did no such thing!  I said, "Hey, man up Nancy.  Stop being such a puss."

Alice

So is this movie fine for a 10 year old to see?

I'm taking my friends kid out to see a movie (the one that wipes his ass)... and I kind of want to take him to this.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Alice on December 20, 2005, 02:21:44 PM

I'm taking my friends kid out to see a movie (the one that wipes his ass)... and I kind of want to take him to this.

The insect scene is a little intense, really. 

Jessie

Timothy got really scared and I had to have my arm around him through a lot of it, but he liked it.  I'd say it depends on the kid.

Jessie

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 20, 2005, 02:22:33 PM

Yeah, that scene made Timothy threaten to throw up.  It made me squirm quite a bit, too. 

Nothing got him quite like their arrival on the island, though.

Alice

Okay, probably shouldn't take him to it then.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 20, 2005, 02:22:33 PM

The maggots even got to me, and I don't skeeve too easily at that kind of stuff.