News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Flight 93

Started by Beefy, January 06, 2006, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ubiquity

definately not a movie i will go see.

also, if and when they make a movie of the retarded teen who went to iraq.. ill definately be avoiding that as well.  Unless they change it where he dies in the end.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Jessie

I don't know.  I think that we all saw so much of 9/11 happening live, or have heard so much about what happened since then (Flight 93 specifically) that making a movie about any of it is simple exploitation.

I could be wrong, but that's my initial reaction.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

That falls into my never seen any footage and never will category.

I am still amazed that to this day I have never seen any of the footage of that day.  I have seen the aftermath (the Pentagon and the WTC), but nothing else.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on January 06, 2006, 11:47:21 AM
That falls into my never seen any footage and never will category.

I am still amazed that to this day I have never seen any of the footage of that day.  I have seen the aftermath (the Pentagon and the WTC), but nothing else.

I wonder how many people like you there are.  I'll never forget that day, especially when people were jumping and it was shown and when the towers started to collapse.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on January 06, 2006, 11:45:29 AM
I don't know.  I think that we all saw so much of 9/11 happening live, or have heard so much about what happened since then (Flight 93 specifically) that making a movie about any of it is simple exploitation.

I could be wrong, but that's my initial reaction.

all of it will be based on the very few calls made and anything if anything gotten off the black box. ( did they even find it)   those actual calls or BB info is the only actual events.. everythign else will be assumed bullshit.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

meredith

holding out for snakes on a plane

Beefy

I read an interview with the director, who seemed genuinely inspired to make a good, complex movie about the events specific to that flight.  About how people chose to deal with their circumstances.

Several cast and crew members reportedly had difficulties filming during the scenes with the plane going down.  They built a full fuselage and had it rigged so that it would shake violently to mimic what the terrorists were doing in the cockpit to get the passengers to settle down.

It's easy to see it as exploitation because Hollywood is funding it and distributing it and profiting off of it.  On the other hand, this is a director known for looking at the human side of sociopolitical events in his films. It's my belief, based of the interview I read with him, that he genuinely wants to make a good, serious, thoughtful film about the flight. 

I agree, though, that part of me feels it is too soon.

I'm betting Oliver Stone's film feels even more awkward.

Beefy

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on January 06, 2006, 12:53:47 PM
I read an interview with the director, who seemed genuinely inspired to make a good, complex movie about the events specific to that flight.  About how people chose to deal with their circumstances.

Several cast and crew members reportedly had difficulties filming during the scenes with the plane going down.  They built a full fuselage and had it rigged so that it would shake violently to mimic what the terrorists were doing in the cockpit to get the passengers to settle down.

It's easy to see it as exploitation because Hollywood is funding it and distributing it and profiting off of it.  On the other hand, this is a director known for looking at the human side of sociopolitical events in his films. It's my belief, based of the interview I read with him, that he genuinely wants to make a good, serious, thoughtful film about the flight. 

tell me that he donates the profit after production costs to the families of those lost on that plane, and i will see the good side.

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 06, 2006, 01:40:50 PM

tell me that he donates the profit after production costs to the families of those lost on that plane, and i will see the good side.

That's not his decision to make.  He only shoots the film, the studios control the profits.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on January 06, 2006, 01:51:35 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 06, 2006, 01:40:50 PM

That's not his decision to make.  He only shoots the film, the studios control the profits.

dont much care if its his choice or not.     a generalized statement.  him/company whatever. 

Beefy