News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

King Kong

Started by Bishamonten, December 15, 2005, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Absolutely amazing.  I couldn't believe how well done the film was.  In anyone else's hands I think they would have simply modernized it and set it today instead of keeping true to the original film.  Peter Jackson had me at "I was about to bust my cookies" in Meet the Feebles and I've loved everything after that, but this was just above and beyond what was expected.  Kong himself was beautifully animated with Andy Serkis putting in another amazing turn as a movement actor. 

I actually cried a little   I think the way Kong's face resembled Falstaff's down to even the expressions and look in his eyes had a play in it, but mostly it was just really strong storytelling and directing.  The deep set eyes and flat nose made me think, "I've seen that look before!"  Only one other movie has made me cry. 

Easily going to make it into my favorite movies list. 

BigDun

I'm going to go see it tomorrow.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

pETER jACKSOMN ;OOKS GREAT THSEES DAYS. 

BigDun

I saw it. It was really, unbelievably, incredibly, fantastically, spectacularly good.

Beefy

10:30am Saturday morning can't get here fast enough.

ReBurn

Wouldn't it be funny if it really sucked and they were just messing with you?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

ignom

It could be three hours and seven minutes that you will never get back.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ignom on December 15, 2005, 11:11:56 PM
It could be three hours and seven minutes that you will never get back.

8 more minutes and he could have bested James Cameron for Titanic.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

I would totally fall in love with a giant monkey.

Jessie

I am in love with a giant monkey.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

Infobahn

Quote from: ignom on December 16, 2005, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 16, 2005, 10:59:08 AM

I'm not that hairy.
You are admitting to being somewhat hairy, though.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ignom on December 16, 2005, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 16, 2005, 10:59:08 AM

I'm not that hairy.
The real question is how bendy are you?

That jessie.  Lucky gal.

BigDun

Gamplayerx

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 17, 2005, 12:14:48 AM
Quote from: BigDun on December 17, 2005, 12:10:47 AM
I'm very bendy.
O RLY?
I can bend at the waist with my legs staight and put my palms flat down on the floor. And then stand on my toes.

I can also do that thing where you sit on the floor with your knees bent backward and then lay down on my back.

I am proud of my flexibility.

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on December 17, 2005, 12:27:03 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 17, 2005, 12:14:48 AM
Quote from: BigDun on December 17, 2005, 12:10:47 AM
I'm very bendy.
O RLY?
I can bend at the waist with my legs staight and put my palms flat down on the floor. And then stand on my toes.

I can also do that thing where you sit on the floor with your knees bent backward and then lay down on my back.

I am proud of my flexibility.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

Maybe when I get back from Delaware.

ignom

I'm not as bendy as I was when I was 19.

Jessie

I've never been very bendy and I become less bendy with each passing year.

Jessie

Also, this is the giant monkey that I'm in love with.  I just keep ignom around for appearances.

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on December 15, 2005, 09:36:20 PM
I saw it. It was really, unbelievably, incredibly, fantastically, spectacularly good.

x2

Oh, how I bawled.

swolt

Just got home. I was disapointed. I would rate it a 6 out of 10
There were too many problems I just couldn't get over and I never really got into the movie (like a girl climbing up a hundred foot ladder in high heels.) I kept trying to let Peter Jackson work his magic like he did with LOTR, but all these shortcomings really distracted me. Towards the end I was just hoping everyone would die so I could go home.
It had its moments and overall was enjoyable, but I would have liked a shorter film.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Infobahn

You see, I would have a problem that a 25 foot tall ape and dinosaurs still exsisted.  The hell with women in heels. ;)

swolt

Quote from: Infobahn on December 18, 2005, 12:27:50 PM
You see, I would have a problem that a 25 foot tall ape and dinosaurs still exsisted.  The hell with women in heels. ;)

in sci-fi/fantasy movies you have to have accept some things. This is suppose to be a magical island that somehow is not affected by what goes on outside the walls. These are the "rules" that Jackson clues us in on during the voyage and thus we are suppose to drop doubt and just believe it. Jackson did a great job of that in LOTR and even in The Frighteners(sp?), but he started to break his own rules and I think that really hurt the film. Like the very lame escape from the evil spider/critter place. WTF was up with the guns? They LOOKED like Tommy-Guns but it seems where anti-bug-does-not-hurt-human pop guns.

and not ONCE did Kong throw a barrell at anyone! NOT ONCE!
A clever man commits no minor blunders.