News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Sonny Chiba - The Street Fighter

Started by Beefy, December 05, 2005, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

After seeing ReBurn's avatar last week and realizing that I haven't seen any of the Street Fighter films, despite them having influenced so many other movies I've seen, I went and bought a box set of the the first 3 movies (for 12 bucks!) on Friday.

I have now seen two films where a guys gets his dangly bits ripped off of him.  One guy gets hit in the back of the head so hard his eyes pop out.  Chiba tears out a guy's vocal chords with his two fingers.  He was a total badass.  The reason the films work at all is because he sells them completely.  The guy was in astonishingly good shape when the films were made, and they show that fact off quite a bit.  There is no doubt that if he were to hit you, it would have hurt.

A cut above the normal kung fu flick, and gruesome fun if you're into that sort of thing.

ReBurn

Oh, yeah!  I love these movies!  The second movie was a bit more over the top in terms of cheese than the first one, but it was still good fun. 
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on December 05, 2005, 09:41:01 AM
Oh, yeah!  I love these movies!  The second movie was a bit more over the top in terms of cheese than the first one, but it was still good fun. 

Yeah, but I enjoyed the cheese.  You just knew that they were setting up a major fight scene with how they introduced all of the martial art weapons at the beginning of the film.

Bishamonten

I was really impressed to see how well Chiba aged when he showed up in Kill Bill.  Not only had he aged well, but he did a fantastic job acting.  You should keep an eye on his protege Hiroyuki Sanada.