News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

My Mom & Mal

Started by Alice, November 29, 2005, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I just got an email from my mom thanking me for loaning her the Firefly DVD's for her trip.  She said she and my brother stayed up too late last night watching them and are both very tired today, but still having fun.  She also said that "the captain guy is very easy on the eyes."   ;D 

I'm so glad she's hooked!  Now I'll have to take her to see Serenity when she gets back... if it's at a 2nd run somewhere.

Bishamonten

Yay for Firefly!  I've really been enjoying swapping TV series with family members.  I loaned out the first season of Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and the second season of Deadwood to my soon-to-be mother in law.  They ended up travelling from Nesh's mother, to each of Nesh's sisters and then to her brother.   Earned a lot of points all around!!

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 29, 2005, 04:47:40 PM
Yay for Firefly!  I've really been enjoying swapping TV series with family members.  I loaned out the first season of Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and the second season of Deadwood to my soon-to-be mother in law.  They ended up travelling from Nesh's mother, to each of Nesh's sisters and then to her brother.   Earned a lot of points all around!!

I did this as a return for my mom getting me hooked on the first season of 24.  Also, this is payback for SFU that my bro got me hooked on. 

Bishamonten

Quote from: Alice on November 29, 2005, 04:49:35 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on November 29, 2005, 04:47:40 PM

I did this as a return for my mom getting me hooked on the first season of 24.  Also, this is payback for SFU that my bro got me hooked on. 

HBO gives good TV

Dry then Catch

I love Firefly so much.  I still haven't seen Serenity, as I am slowly watching all the episodes as to savor them.  Well knowing there will never be another season or probably another movie  :-\    I think my favorite thus far is the semi-flashback one where it shows how he met most of the crew.

Lets, be lame fanboys for a second, who do you think his the hottest one?

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 30, 2005, 03:27:49 AM
I love Firefly so much.  I still haven't seen Serenity, as I am slowly watching all the episodes as to savor them.  Well knowing there will never be another season or probably another movie  :-\    I think my favorite thus far is the semi-flashback one where it shows how he met most of the crew.

My favorite episode is probably Jaynestown. 

Bishamonten

Quote from: Alice on November 30, 2005, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 30, 2005, 03:27:49 AM

My favorite episode is probably Jaynestown. 

Written by Ben Edlund of "The Tick" fame.

Dry then Catch

I thought he produced all of them.

I think Kaylee is more attractive than the whore

Alice

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on November 30, 2005, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 30, 2005, 11:36:40 AM

i prefer more of her faux-tomboyish "aww shucks" looks instead of that.  I read she had to gain 20 lbs for fat that role.

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 30, 2005, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 30, 2005, 12:13:07 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 30, 2005, 11:36:40 AM

i prefer more of her faux-tomboyish "aww shucks" looks instead of that.  I read she had to gain 20 lbs for fat that role.

She's a total hottie in Firefly.

Dry then Catch