News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

xbox 360 teases

Started by snizwilk, November 20, 2005, 08:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snizwilk

It's not right!  I was tooling around in Fry's today and they had all the launch games and all the accessories out.  I almost picked up PGR 3, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 but I couldn't stand having the games and nothing to play it on.  Yea.. I'm a nerd/geek/dork/doofus.. I'll be in line somewhere @ midnight tomorrow because I'm dumb.

VikingJuice

Quote from: snizwilk on November 20, 2005, 08:47:24 PM
It's not right!  I was tooling around in Fry's today and they had all the launch games and all the accessories out.  I almost picked up PGR 3, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 but I couldn't stand having the games and nothing to play it on.  Yea.. I'm a nerd/geek/dork/doofus.. I'll be in line somewhere @ midnight tomorrow because I'm dumb.

Some potentially bad news for XBOX 360 geeks:  According to rumor, they are undershipping their first run because they under-estimated the potential demand and are only rolling out about 10-20 units per store.  The second run of orders are due in till right around Jan 1.  What kind of moronic business sense is that?

snizwilk

VikingJuice

Quote from: snizwilk on November 20, 2005, 11:13:04 PM
conflicting info here:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5961175.html?tag=zdfd.newsfeed

sounds like they will be well stocked.

Good to know.  Otherwise, there would likely be Watts and Los Angeles size riots in the burbs on Tuesday!

snizwilk

the costco manager told me they were getting about 100 units.. asked him yesterday... 10-20 sounds way way way low.  My local Best Buy will sell 4 or 5 times that amount on launch day...

if they only ship 10 units.. that will be gone by 10 AM.

snizwilk

Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 20, 2005, 11:14:50 PM
conflicting info here:

Good to know.  Otherwise, there would likely be Watts and Los Angeles size riots in the burbs on Tuesday!

ha ha.. I'll be throwing molatav cocktails because me and my dog planned a Call of Duty 2 thanksgiving almost 8 months ago.

VikingJuice

Quote from: snizwilk on November 20, 2005, 11:17:18 PM
Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 20, 2005, 11:14:50 PM
conflicting info here:

ha ha.. I'll be throwing molatav cocktails because me and my dog planned a Call of Duty 2 thanksgiving almost 8 months ago.

Yeah, I have a buddy that was planning the same thing and he's all worried now.  I'll call him tomorrow with the good news.

snizwilk

I read in the paper this morning that most places like Best Buy and Circuit City are going to hand out vouchers to people in line.  If you get a voucher, you'll get an xbox.  This way you won't have to stand in line wondering if you'll get one and then get the shaft at 1 AM. 

I think I'm going to just go to a WalMart out in the sticks. 

Gamplayerx

Quote from: snizwilk on November 21, 2005, 11:07:25 AM
I read in the paper this morning that most places like Best Buy and Circuit City are going to hand out vouchers to people in line.  If you get a voucher, you'll get an xbox.  This way you won't have to stand in line wondering if you'll get one and then get the shaft at 1 AM. 

I think I'm going to just go to a WalMart out in the sticks. 
I have a friend works at a Best Buy.  They said they were going to give out vouchers starting at 10:00 tonight.  But they gave them all out last night to the crazy people who wanted to start camping out then.  All 6 vouchers.  For all 6 games they're going to have.  Except whoever got voucher #6 is screwed, because apparantly the manager earmarked one of the games for some Pepsi promotion.

snizwilk

I'm definitely not going to Best Buy.  If Walmart doesn't pan out, I'm just going to Costco in the morning.  They'll be stocked for 2-3 days.

snizwilk

I stopped by the Walmart in the sticks and there were about 60 people sitting down an aisle in the back of the store.  They are doing a lottery pick to see who gets one of the 40 they got in.  I'll probably get mine in January... eff standing in line.

snizwilk

People are losing there friggen minds.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140176.html

I've read about 5 or 6 near riots breaking out at various locations too.  Retarded.

snizwilk

Best Buy is screwing everyone.. you can't buy an individual system.. you have to get a bundle.. look at these ridiculous prices

eo000

Haha. Leave it to best buy.

I really don't understand the economics for understocking these everywhere. I'm sure there has to be a reason, right?

snizwilk

Curiosity got the best buy of me and I drove up to the one near my house.  It's the only one in Dallas opening at midnight.  according to this:

http://xbox.clambert.org/75074

they have 168 total systems.  I estimated about 125-150 people in a line that wrapped around two sides of the building.  Cars are parking in the grass across the street.  It's nuts...

ReBurn

Yep.  That's nuts.

/glad I'm waiting.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on November 21, 2005, 10:53:53 PM
Yep.  That's nuts.

/glad I'm waiting.

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who care a lot about XBOX.  I'm a PS2 man and have been very satisfied with my console.  I'm sure that eventually I'll get the PS3 but it'll be at least a year after the initial release.  There's no way I'm paying $350 to $400 for console with no games.  That's just crazy.  And XBOX pricing makes me want to vomit.  Especially the way Best Buy is putting it together. 

If they weren't so cheap on certain things that I've bought, I'd say F*** Best Buy altogether.  Their service is deplorable.  Their prices range from pretty good to anal rape.  And their return policy has pissed me off on more than 5 occasions.

snizwilk

I went to Fry's at 6:00 this morning to become #38 in line.  At 7:30 they started handing out vouchers for the available consoles.  #36 got the last one.  Turns out they had 28 Premium and 8 Core consoles.  Fry's rocks though and they put everyone who was waiting on a call list for the next shipment.  I'm 2nd on the list.  I'll end up getting mine before several of my friends who put deposits down at Gamestop back in May. 

Oh.. and like every other place, Fry's is selling them in bundles... But they have the most stuff and the cheapest price by about $100.00.  Look for shiatty Madden 06 on sale from my ebay store soon.

snizwilk

looking back at the BB bundle prices.. Fry's is way cheaper.  Premium bundle with two games and several other items is like 520.00.

snizwilk

If you want a 360 or know someone who does... and you live in a fairly large metro area... Best Buy is going to have another round of them available.. larger than the launch quantity on Friday.  If you preordered through ebgames/gamestop/etc... you are still screwed.  BB has a deal with MS.. BB is unloading trucks right now and setting up big ass displays. 

Other retailers will get limited shipments until after xmas.