News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

Planet Builders

Started by Listener, November 18, 2005, 05:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Did anyone else read these young-adult sci-fi novels by "Robyn Tallis" (an amalgam of authors including James Macdonald, Debra Doyle, and Sherwood Smith, among others)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804102015/103-3300509-7583035?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

There were ten of them, about six (and then two more in Book 3 or 4) teenagers who were contacted by an alien race while colonizing a new planet (with their families, of course) in 2520 or so.  Good writing, good reading.  I still enjoy them.

Beefy

Not familiar.  I read Choose Your Own Adventure, Alfred Hitchcock's Three Investigators, Judy Blume and her like, and lots and lots of comics.  I Istarted on Stephen King in Junior High and kept with him until Desperation.  I started on Clive Barker a few years later until about Gallilee.  I started on Crichton in Junior High and kept reading through his nano-technology thriller whose name escapes me.

Jessie

What about Encyclopedia Brown?  Surely you read him, too.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

I definitely read a bunch of CYOA books, as well as Encyclopedia Brown -- I remember having at least the first 16 of them, and then they started getting lame and becoming spin-offs.

I also remember there was a Ramona Quimby TV show on PBS.

Beefy

I checked out some Encyclopedia Brown books from the library but never owned them.

Never saw the TV show, either.