News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Superman Returns

Started by Beefy, November 17, 2005, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

My quicktime appears to be broken.

Beefy

Here is the full trailer, in all it's glory:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/

I take back what I said, Spacey looks fun as Luthor.

Beefy

Alice

I hope this is about Superman making returns at the mall the day after Christmas.  He's the only person alive that could survive that.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on May 17, 2006, 07:02:06 AM

I swear to God, Bryan Singer could bring the Archie comics to the movie screen and they'd look awesome.

Beefy

The new trailer in front of X-Men was just awesome.  It showed Routh acting as Superman and it didn't suck!

Interestingly, they just bumped the film up to June 28th from the 30th.  Why?  Profit, of course.  But indirectly, it is supposedly because of X-Men.  It seems the mammoth opening weekend gross of X-Men convinced Warner Bros. that the Superman opening will be even more monumental, as they have a really "excellent" movie where as X-Men was just "okay".

Oh, and everything on the Internet is true.

Mr. Ubiquity

even better.   Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Listener

Quote from: cnamon on June 14, 2006, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: Namaste on June 14, 2006, 11:56:40 AM
Jesus Christ!
SUPERSTAR!

Do you think you're what they say you are?

(Is it wrong of me that I knew that lyric off the top of my head?)

Listener

I just watched an MSNBC debate on if Superman is gay and if he's the savior (Christian religion).  They had on some dude in glasses and VH1's Bex Schwartz, dressed as Wonder Woman.

It was without a doubt the biggest waste of five minutes I've seen since... well, honestly, since MSNBC's previous package.

Listener

As SR comes out tonight, I remind you all:

http://www.myspace.com/generalzod

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

ReBurn

I was tempted to go to the 10 am showing, but this pesky "work" thing prevented it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: Maximilian Scheffield on June 28, 2006, 01:24:01 PM
I was tempted to go to the 10 am showing, but this pesky "work" thing prevented it.

I wasn't.  Me, the wife, Yoshi (see "4000 miles" thread) and our friend Melody are going to see it on Saturday.  It will be awesome.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on June 28, 2006, 01:25:44 PM

I wasn't.  Me, the wife, Yoshi (see "4000 miles" thread) and our friend Melody are going to see it on Saturday.  It will be awesome.
Yoshi's going to drive 4000 miles and be back by Saturday?  Is he stopping at all?

cnamon

Quote from: Listener on June 21, 2006, 10:54:26 AM
I just watched an MSNBC debate on if Superman is gay and if he's the savior (Christian religion).  They had on some dude in glasses and VH1's Bex Schwartz, dressed as Wonder Woman.

It was without a doubt the biggest waste of five minutes I've seen since... well, honestly, since MSNBC's previous package.
That was on Best Week Ever.  That is the second best waste of 30 minutes.  The best waste of time is The Soup.  Oh how I love that show.

Listener

Quote from: Maximilian Scheffield on June 28, 2006, 01:26:57 PM
Quote from: Listener on June 28, 2006, 01:25:44 PM

Yoshi's going to drive 4000 miles and be back by Saturday?  Is he stopping at all?

Friday:  Ft Lauderdale FL to Marietta GA.  Sleep at my house.
Saturday:  Marietta GA to Guthrie (outside Oklahoma City) OK.  Stay with Vanessa & her family.
Tuesday:  Guthrie OK to LaGrange (outside Louisville) KY.  Stay with Meg & her family.
Friday:  LaGrange KY to Marietta GA.  Stay with me & my family.
Monday:  Marietta GA to Ft Lauderdale FL.

ReBurn

It's 2000 miles from Ft. Lauderdale to Kentucky?

Listener

Quote from: Maximilian Scheffield on June 28, 2006, 01:32:33 PM
It's 2000 miles from Ft. Lauderdale to Kentucky?

700 miles from Ft Lauderdale to Marietta
900 miles from Marietta to Guthrie
800 miles from Guthrie to LaGrange
450 miles from LaGrange to Marietta
700 miles from Marietta to Ft Lauderdale

So, really, 3550 miles or so, but if you add in driving around the various cities, it pushes it pretty close to 4000.

Ft Laud to LaGrange is only 1200 miles or so.

ReBurn

Talk about going around your rear-end to get to your elbow...

Listener

Quote from: Maximilian Scheffield on June 28, 2006, 01:51:09 PM
Talk about going around your rear-end to get to your elbow...

Well, yeah, but as I said in previous posts, he has other people to visit and enjoys driving.  *shrug*  If it were me, I'd fly.

Gas cost:  about $504, assuming 250 miles per tank and $35 per tank at 13 gallons per tank.
Flight cost:  about $617, if you plan the trip from July 21 through 31, with one-way flights, prices from Kayak.com.

Beefy

It got enough right to recommend seeing on the big screen, but for the money and 10+ years that went into getting Supes back on screen it was sloppy as hell.  And some of the CG was downright insulting.  Pace yourself with your beverage or you'll have to hit the lavatory during the 2 hour 40 minute running time.

Worth noting: Brandon Routh nailed it.

Listener

Quote from: Crom! on June 28, 2006, 05:49:13 PM
It got enough right to recommend seeing on the big screen, but for the money and 10+ years that went into getting Supes back on screen it was sloppy as hell.  And some of the CG was downright insulting.  Pace yourself with your beverage or you'll have to hit the lavatory during the 2 hour 40 minute running time.

I really like the fact that they made it long enough.  I hate when a movie gets a lot of buzz and then turns out to be 80 minutes.  I feel cheated paying $8.50 (or $6 for a matinee) for that.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on June 29, 2006, 11:12:52 AM
Quote from: Crom! on June 28, 2006, 05:49:13 PM

I really like the fact that they made it long enough.  I hate when a movie gets a lot of buzz and then turns out to be 80 minutes.  I feel cheated paying $8.50 (or $6 for a matinee) for that.

I don't disagree, as long as the film can maintain interest.  S.R. climaxed and then kept going for almost another 1/2 hour, during which I needed to use the lavatory, so I wasn't happy.