News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

new set of books

Started by dazie, November 05, 2005, 10:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

My parents volunteer at a library in Pennsylvania that has an annual book sale.

This year, someone donated a complete set of the Time Life Civil War books that didn't manage to make it all the way to the public sale.  Somehow or another they ended up in my bookshelf!  I'm SO EXCITED!!!

They usually run about $20 and up per book from what I've seen.  Thanks to dc I already had two, but now I have them all!  Yay!

:gamp:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

My dad had some Time Life books about UFOs or stuff if you're into them.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

dazie

I've never heard of that set- are they interesting?

dc

dazie

ignom

Quote from: dazie on November 05, 2005, 10:54:06 PM
I've never heard of that set- are they interesting?

I don't know.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

oooh, I have that series. It's a good 'un. They did some good indepth stuff on odd things like siege warefare and the far West conflcts. Which ones ddi you get?

Gamplayerx

I don't have any Penn State yearbooks.  I feel like such a failure. 

Jessie

I still want that bookshelf.

In that other thread, which of us dies first?  If it's you, will you will them to me?  Thanks!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

My dad has the full set of the Wild West books from Time Life.  Those books are really cool.

I'm not so excited about the civil war.  People around these parts still seem to think that it is going on, and that somehow they are going to win.  I don't get it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

nishi

Quote from: ReBurninator on November 06, 2005, 07:54:10 PM
My dad has the full set of the Wild West books from Time Life.  Those books are really cool.

I'm not so excited about the civil war.  People around these parts still seem to think that it is going on, and that somehow they are going to win.  I don't get it.

that is exactly why i hated living in richmond, virginia, and don't plan on ever returning.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

dazie

My mom gave my brother the Wild West set.  I'm trying to figure out how to steal them.  I got "This Fabulous Century" and another set about American history.  (My mom was a high school social studies teacher- she had lots of history books)

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on November 07, 2005, 07:53:55 AM

My mom gave my brother the Wild West set.  I'm trying to figure out how to steal them.  I got "This Fabulous Century" and another set about American history.  (My mom was a high school social studies teacher- she had lots of history books)
When I was a kid I would sit and just stare at the pictures of the badges and six-shooters and stuff like that.  Those books were captivating.  I'm going to ask him if I can have them for my boys, because they are really into that stuff.  My brother's son is closet ghey I think, so I don't believe that there will be an issue there.

dazie

Quote from: ReBurninator on November 07, 2005, 08:57:01 AM

When I was a kid I would sit and just stare at the pictures of the badges and six-shooters and stuff like that.  Those books were captivating.  I'm going to ask him if I can have them for my boys, because they are really into that stuff.  My brother's son is closet ghey I think, so I don't believe that there will be an issue there.

I don't believe my brother reads anything but "Field and Stream" and "Gunz R Us" magazines anymore.  I know the books are locked (actually locked!) in a bookshelf- I doubt his boys will read them. 

Quote from: Jessie on November 06, 2005, 11:22:50 AM

In that other thread, which of us dies first? If it's you, will you will them to me? Thanks!

WTF?  You mean the books or the bookshelf?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on November 07, 2005, 09:08:01 AM

I don't believe my brother reads anything but "Field and Stream" and "Gunz R Us" magazines anymore.  I know the books are locked (actually locked!) in a bookshelf- I doubt his boys will read them. 

In that other thread, which of us dies first? If it's you, will you will them to me? Thanks!

I meant will IT to me, sorry.  Just the bookshelf.  Or both.  I'm never against getting more books.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on November 07, 2005, 09:21:54 AM

I meant will IT to me, sorry.  Just the bookshelf.  Or both.  I'm never against getting more books.

If neither of my children wants it, it's all yours.  You have to come get it though- no way my "estate" could cover shipping costs on that beast.

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on November 07, 2005, 09:31:22 AM
Quote from: Jessie on November 07, 2005, 09:21:54 AM

If neither of my children wants it, it's all yours.  You have to come get it though- no way my "estate" could cover shipping costs on that beast.
I'm sure that in her neck of the woods Jessie would have little trouble finding a flatbet, a tarp, and some bungee cords.

Gamplayerx

A flatbet?  I'm thinking she may have a bit more difficulty than you think.

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 07, 2005, 11:35:21 AM
A flatbet?  I'm thinking she may have a bit more difficulty than you think.
Oh.

d.

Sorry.

dazie

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on November 05, 2005, 11:03:08 PM
oooh, I have that series. It's a good 'un. They did some good indepth stuff on odd things like siege warefare and the far West conflcts. Which ones ddi you get?

To the best of my knowledge- I got the whole set.

cnamon

Quote from: nishi on November 06, 2005, 07:56:04 PM

that is exactly why i hated living in richmond, virginia, and don't plan on ever returning.
The South will rise again.  My history teacher said so.

Beefy

Quote from: The Dots on November 08, 2005, 11:23:05 AM

Personally speaking, the South rises quite frequently.  Sometimes inconveniently.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 08, 2005, 11:25:26 AM

Personally speaking, the South rises quite frequently.  Sometimes inconveniently.
Remember, khakis and boxers don't mix.

Jessie

You made me snort.

Alice

It wouldn't be so inconvenient if you could find your Ulysses S. Grant.

ignom

I bought two new books yesterday, only instead of new books, they were used video games.