News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

video game cut-scene

Started by Listener, November 05, 2005, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

What video game cut-scene did you think affected you most?  In terms of stirring your emotions, in whatever direction.

For me, both are from Final Fantasy X:

1.  When Yuna is being forced to wed Seymour, and she jumps off the building, and everyone's like, "holy shit, she's going to die!" and she summons her dragon on the way down, who saves her, to the tune of much rejoicing.

2.  The very end of Final Fantasy X, when Yuna tries to hug Tidus, but he's already become insubstantial, and then Tidus jumps off the front of the airship and slaps hands with his father on the way down.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

Is a video game cut-scene the little show between levels?

Bennyhana

I don't like cut-scenes in video games.  I think they take up resources that should be being used to make the game itself cooler.  If I want to watch movies, I'll rent movies.  THey usually have better stories than video games anyway.

Beefy

Any number of scenes from Parasite Eve, Ico, the first time you see a Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, and, of course, the Resident Evil series.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on November 05, 2005, 01:09:19 PM
What video game cut-scene did you think affected you most?  In terms of stirring your emotions, in whatever direction.

1.  When Yuna is being forced to wed Seymour, and she jumps off the building, and everyone's like, "holy shit, she's going to die!" and she summons her dragon on the way down, who saves her, to the tune of much rejoicing.

2.  The very end of Final Fantasy X, when Yuna tries to hug Tidus, but he's already become insubstantial, and then Tidus jumps off the front of the airship and slaps hands with his father on the way down.

Listener, I love you but I think we're all a little dumber for reading this question.   :D

That's like asking what Tampon commercial stirred your heart the most.

Jessie

Quote from: Orange Juice Jones on November 05, 2005, 04:20:27 PM

Listener, I love you but I think we're all a little dumber for reading this question.   :D

Would you be willing to love him on camera?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on November 05, 2005, 09:49:35 PM

When I say love, I mean like, when I say like, I mean tolerate.  And when I say tolerate, that's how I feel about you Jes.  :D

Jessie

Quote from: Orange Juice Jones on November 05, 2005, 09:52:31 PM

When I say love, I mean like, when I say like, I mean tolerate.  And when I say tolerate, that's how I feel about you Jes.  :D
So basically what you're saying is that you're looking for a 3 way with me and Listener.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on November 05, 2005, 09:56:01 PM

So basically what you're saying is that you're looking for a 3 way with me and Listener.

If by 3 way, you mean handjob with Listener in the other room, I'm okay with that.  Pretty much ANY other scenerio is  :barfy:

Gamplayerx

I had no idea VJ was into Listener.  The things you learn on this board.

Jessie

Quote from: Orange Juice Jones on November 05, 2005, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: Jessie on November 05, 2005, 09:56:01 PM

If by 3 way, you mean handjob with Listener in the other room, I'm okay with that.  Pretty much ANY other scenerio is  :barfy:
Hey, who am I to say which room you can give listener a handjob in?  Have at it, my friend, where ever you feel comfortable.

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 05, 2005, 10:07:59 PM

Yeah, really.

I have no desire to Juice the Viking.  So stop asking...

Listener

Y'know what's funny about that?  My wife found a tampon ad she found amusing in Reader's Digest and it's currently sitting on our fridge.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Listener on November 05, 2005, 10:36:53 PM

Yeah, really.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

ReBurn

Those cut scenes in Abe's Oddysee really got to me.  What with the posters and all.  And I liked how they integrated the cut scenes in Final Fantasy VII with the action.  That was really cool until my PS started choking on FMV.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on November 05, 2005, 10:36:53 PM

Yeah, really.

He said Juice the Viking.  Huh huh yeah yeah.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurninator on November 05, 2005, 11:45:03 PM
Those cut scenes in Abe's Oddysee really got to me.

Another good one.

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on November 06, 2005, 08:38:43 AM

Another good one.

Yeah, the two Abe games had some really great cutscenes.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on November 06, 2005, 10:41:01 PM

Another good one.

I still play the first one a lot.  I still can't finish it.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurninator on November 07, 2005, 01:16:34 AM

Another good one.

I'm really, really bad about finishing video games (and books), but I did finish the two Abe games.  The 3rd Oddworld game, the one for XBox, wasn't cool looking enough to warrant purchasing that console.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 07, 2005, 09:34:09 AM
Quote from: ReBurninator on November 07, 2005, 01:16:34 AM

Another good one.

I'm really, really bad about finishing video games (and books), but I did finish the two Abe games.  The 3rd Oddworld game, the one for XBox, wasn't cool looking enough to warrant purchasing that console.
The third game just didn't seem very interesting to me.  And I'm bad about finishing games, too.  I think the last one I actually finished was Prince of Persia, The Sands of Time.  I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of that game.  The ending was a bit sad, though.

Beefy

I know I'll finish Shadow of the Colossus.  I've gotten through three so far, meaning 13 are left.

I'm getting too used to open ended gaming.

ReBurn

That's my thing with the Grand Theft Auto games.  There is so much to do outside of the story line that too often I just don't care about the story.  I like to just jump cars off of stuff and try to fly that dang Dodo.  Open-ended games rock.

Alice

All of the cut scenes in SW Battlefronts 2.   :D