News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

American Dad's longevity

Started by Listener, November 06, 2005, 10:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Does anyone else think that American Dad shouldn't be renewed?  It's basically EXACTLY the same plotlines as Family Guy (and every other sitcom) except without the mega-craziness of Family Guy.

I just don't get into American Dad as much as I thought I would.  It's amusing, but it takes the generally-restrained political tone of Family Guy and beats you over the head with it.

McFarlane should instead put all his energy into Family Guy.

BTW, did anyone catch his cameo on Enterprise, as an engineer?  He was such a fanboy that he delivered his one line like a total goof.  He looked like Brad Sherwood would if Brad Sherwood had done the cameo.

Gamplayerx

I've never seen it, but I support you in whatever you wish to support.

Yeah, I didn't read your post either.  I suck at this.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Listener on November 06, 2005, 10:43:38 PM
Does anyone else think that American Dad shouldn't be renewed?  It's basically EXACTLY the same plotlines as Family Guy (and every other sitcom) except without the mega-craziness of Family Guy.

I just don't get into American Dad as much as I thought I would.  It's amusing, but it takes the generally-restrained political tone of Family Guy and beats you over the head with it.

McFarlane should instead put all his energy into Family Guy.

BTW, did anyone catch his cameo on Enterprise, as an engineer?  He was such a fanboy that he delivered his one line like a total goof.  He looked like Brad Sherwood would if Brad Sherwood had done the cameo.

Eh, satire should only focus on politics if its the Onion.  The biggest mistake the Simpsons pulled (well I guess its still on please put it out of its misery) was getting waay too political in the later episodes.  I mean they always had sort of a bi-partisan political humor (usually historical), but now its out of hand.  We get it, Bush is dumb, Americans don't like other cultures, Republican Christians are intolerant. 

ReBurn

I tried to like American Dad, but it seemed too much like everything else out there.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

"Laughter is infectuous, like smallpox or gay."

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 07, 2005, 09:40:18 AM
"Laughter is infectuous, like smallpox or gay."

That line alone has made me a fan.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

I don't like American Dad or the Onion.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.