News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

City of Villains Server?

Started by BigDun, November 01, 2005, 07:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I just bought and am installing the release of City of Villains. The first question they ask is what server you want to be on. What server is everyone else on?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

I didn't buy the game.  I may not.

Beefy

Okay, BD.  I caved.  I'm in.  Name your server.  We can start a Junto villainy group!

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on November 02, 2005, 05:08:09 PM
Okay, BD.  I caved.  I'm in.  Name your server.  We can start a Junto villainy group!

I'm on the Guardian server.

Dry then Catch

is this game fun?  i will play with you

BigDun

I think it's pretty fun. You get to go around and beat people up. Plus you have super powers.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: BigDun on November 02, 2005, 06:09:34 PM
I think it's pretty fun. You get to go around and beat people up. Plus you have super powers.

i heard the original city of heroes got repeititive?  is it one of those games you need to play 100hours a week to be remotely happy in?

BigDun

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 02, 2005, 06:10:06 PM
Quote from: BigDun on November 02, 2005, 06:09:34 PM

i heard the original city of heroes got repeititive?  is it one of those games you need to play 100hours a week to be remotely happy in?

Maybe. I played the original City of Heroes for a while but it did get a little repetitive. I'm hoping they have tweaked the game play enough to keep it more interesting with this version.

BTW-My 18th level character I haven't played with for over a year in City of Heroes was still there. I re-activated him and started flying around the city. That was pretty cool.

Beefy

There have been five significant upgrades to CoH.  All that was also built in to CoV.  It's cool how when you install CoV it combines with CoH.

I have a level 5 Dominator on the Virtue server.  Name of Thornwild.

I'll look at setting up a char on Guardian later.  What archetype are you so I can make something that will work well with your char?

I think it would be bitchin' if we could get a Junto SuperVillain group together.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ReBurn

I wish I had time to get deeply engrossed in this game.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

My villain's name is Eiric (the Irish word for revenge) and I'm trying to get into the Guardian server now. Damn 2.5GB updates!

Oh, I'm a Corrupter (healer and ranged attack).

ignom

Is it Mac compatible? Can I get it free?
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Dry then Catch

ok i may join you guys soon... sexy.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: BigDun on November 01, 2005, 07:15:29 PM
I just bought and am installing the release of City of Villains. The first question they ask is what server you want to be on. What server is everyone else on?

just put juntoonline.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on November 01, 2005, 07:16:14 PM

your better off.   I'm not partial to buying games for 50 bucks, then paying 15 more a month to play it.

F' that.  if i spend 50 bucks it better play offline.  Only game i play now is Guild Wars for that reason alone.  No game is worth 175 dollars a year.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Server: Guardian
Archetype: Stalker
Power Set: Ninja
Current Level: 3
Name: Vestrel

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 03, 2005, 09:04:52 AM

your better off.   I'm not partial to buying games for 50 bucks, then paying 15 more a month to play it.

F' that.  if i spend 50 bucks it better play offline.  Only game i play now is Guild Wars for that reason alone.  No game is worth 175 dollars a year.
i was going to buy it but now you've dissuaded me!  CIV 4 CIV 4

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 03, 2005, 07:04:07 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 03, 2005, 09:04:52 AM

i was going to buy it but now you've dissuaded me!  CIV 4 CIV 4

GO BUY IT NOW OR I WILL CONTINUE TO YELL OBNOXIOUSLY

Dry then Catch

how many of us are there?  is everyone enjoying life but me?  Why can't we just continue to play the cheaper CoH?  is it really $50? 

Beefy

It would be three that I know of: me, BD, and you.  I don't know if penguin and grrl have bought it or are going to.

But you'd meet people in the game you like teaming with anyway.

It's 50 unless you find for sale.  It's 15 a month to play one or both games (they do overlap now).

I guess it depends on if you think you'd play the game enough to warrant it.  I shudder to think of the hours I've put into CoH, so the 15 is a non-issue for me.  Besides, I was already paying it.

Dry then Catch

Theoertically could I buy City of Heroes and still play with you?  it just seems the product is more mature. 

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on November 03, 2005, 07:56:34 PM
Do they make it for Macs?

I don't believe so.  You could try looking here to be sure.

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 03, 2005, 07:13:09 PM
Theoertically could I buy City of Heroes and still play with you?  it just seems the product is more mature. 

The review I read was that all five of the major upgrades that have occurred on City of Heroes have also been built into City of Villains.  In fact, the structure of the game is quite similar; I believe the code for CoV rides on the foundation of the code for CoH. 

I wouldn't want to guess what the more popular game would be that would have more people on it at any given moment.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on November 03, 2005, 07:13:09 PM

well you can probably do that with out buying the game, you just need to ask.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 03, 2005, 06:57:51 PM

That codpiece is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, like Vader's.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurninator on November 04, 2005, 11:34:49 PM
Quote from: Beefy on November 03, 2005, 06:57:51 PM

That codpiece is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, like Vader's.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beefy

Archetype: Corruptor
Power Set: Sonic
Name: Kestril

sugar_grrl

I have a lvl 18 on Guardian already.  He's a Dominator and his name is DragonFlew.  I also have a lvl 5 stalker on Guaridan, his name is I Keel U. 

VP may not be on for a while, but she has an 18 Corrupotor, "Valeria" and a lvl 5 Corruptor "Hypocritic Oath" all on Guardian as well.

It would be superfun to play with whoever has the game....maybe we could make a Juno supergroup or somethin....

Sorry I haven't said much recently....school and work are kickin my ass.....fall break is next week though....so that should be cool....
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?

cnamon

SUGAR!

Good to see you again!  Not only did you remind me I have to find that Sneaker Pimps CD, we missed ya :)

Beefy

Quote from: sugar_grrl on November 15, 2005, 03:20:14 PM
It would be superfun to play with whoever has the game....maybe we could make a Juno supergroup or somethin....

Vestrel created a SG.  The Brotherhood of Evil Meanies.  Shoot me a tell at some point and I'll send ya an invite.

sugar_grrl

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Jessie on November 17, 2005, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: sugar_grrl on November 17, 2005, 02:26:53 PM
Sweetness

Yes, darling?
I was gonna say sweet ass....but I didn't feel like cussing...and I don't know you that well....

Beefy

Quote from: sugar_grrl on November 17, 2005, 02:36:51 PM
Sweetness

Yes, darling?
I was gonna say sweet ass....but I didn't feel like cussing...and I don't know you that well....

It's okay.  Jessie has a sweet ass.  Ask anybody.  And I do mean anybody.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 17, 2005, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: sugar_grrl on November 17, 2005, 02:36:51 PM
Sweetness

Yes, darling?

It's okay.  Jessie has a sweet ass.  Ask anybody.  And I do mean anybody.

* Jessie moons Beefy.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

DonnieRay McClosky is not a happy camper.

DonnieRay's parents, against abortion but unwilling to set their careers aside to be parents, put him in an orphange almost immediately after being born.  After that, DonnieRay's life became an endless line of foster homes, his rage growing with each new family he was subjected to.

One fateful day when DonnieRay was 17 years old, he chanced across a strange German Website that introduced him to necromancy.  DonnieRay had found his outlet.  With his days spent in class at the local community college, and his nights spent earning a living at Burger Max, DonnieRay had to struggle to keep up his studies of the dark arts.  But study he did, and by the time he was 24 he had become a master of necromancy, as well as having a bachelor's degree in Agricultural Studies.

With the power to make the dead walk the Earth, DonnieRay knew it was time to enact his revenge.  He would hunt down every single living biological relative he could find and kill them.  And then, because DonnieRay has such a petulant attitude, he would resurrect them and force them to carry out his evil deeds.

Which, DonnieRay has learned, comes with a price:  undead relatives tend to whine a lot.  A whole lot.  They spoke less when they were alive.  It was a cost DonnieRay was willing to put up with.

And so this is where we are in our story, as DonnieRay uses his dead relatives to hunt down his biological parents as... The Grotesque!

They'll pay... oh yes, they'll all pay.

/sorry, amusing myself

cnamon

That was...colorful Beef.

But I could here the movie voice guy when I read that.

Beefy

In case there are still any others out there playing CoV, and if you have a Mastermind, I just stumbled across a useful page for various keybinds.

http://www.genericvillain.com/beta/player_guides/mastermind_macros_keybinds.htm

ReBurn

BigDun

I haven't logged on City of Villains in a while. I have been focusing on getting slaughtered at CounterStrike.

Beefy

Yeah.  I rediscovered City of Heroes and now have my main almost to 37.  I haven't been on as much the past few weeks simply due to fighting off sickness.